After months of searching for a facelift Toyota Corolla t sport and seeing buckets of bolts I've finally bought one today. Completely standard with a TTE backbox wich gives it a little bit of a tone and sounds good for me! Fair jump up in power from the n/a and is going to take alot of getting used to especially coming on lift! Anyway here is my 2005 alsace granite T sport
DE901262-18CD-4027-8EE0-F6D6A3AD78B9_zps
9068C386-B305-4537-AB8A-1F84F8199D9D_zps
32B68776-743C-4E6B-A82E-24B5A0694B93_zps
D824D2F3-E130-4FEF-A17E-D2F341776A2B_zps

Edited by Cammy R
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

go mental with the starlet now ;)

I wish lad! i'm afraid she will be going up for sale sometime this week :sorry:

Thats not cheating its still Toyota:) looks clean, any plans for for it or isit a standard daily ?

James

For now it will stay standard maybe sort out some wheels but i'm loving how it is just now!

Get a K&N Typhoon fitted. One of the best mods you'll ever make lol

Heard many good things about it but I drove one with it on and was pretty unimpressed especially with the dollar you have to spend on a new one :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...

So the starlet is up for sale but not one person has even organised coming to see it yet! Starting to worried that it will live on my drive forever more, anyway back to buisness been collecting a couple of bits and bobs for this thing EFE3BCB4-52D7-447E-AE33-55DE36E901F6_zps
Some genuine Toyota wind deflectors because you can never have enough deflected wind and they sent me a free keyring! It's the little things.
005998E7-0856-4D0D-A298-24759139C011_zps
Some yellow blubs because the blubs in it are dire and it might just suit the yellow we shall see!
779E9984-9945-41F1-8058-3EFF7809793E_zps
New toyota badge for the boot as the one on it may as well just be silver!
5B1C5D6A-1395-4576-8F36-1260D6B4E6EF_zps
And of course some service bits a must have for any new car, need to wait for a fine day and i may start fitting parts, my plan is to clean it up remove the three dents and getting looking great again! And then i can decide which road to go down however the gearbox is now crunching on the downshift to third but only when cold! Need to investigate that further before anything and replace tge cracked windscreen i got on friday after work yay!

69D677DE-77CF-4E83-B856-05CAD8B7E51B_zps
Boooo

Edited by Cammy R
  • 2 weeks later...

So the Starlet sold the other week and I got to watch it drive up the street and dissapear in to the sunset :( i was very close to shedding a tear but i have to crack on with the Corolla! Bought myself some 17inch wheels as the standard wheels look absolutley pants.

DCDE6E82-902E-4D53-ADA9-91F1EAFF9051_zps

DDA499B6-7278-425F-A2F7-830BCD914422_zps

46A60ECD-C029-478B-8E0D-A83948B134A6_zps

Also gave the car it's firts proper wash and hoover over the weekend and took a couple of photos! Cleans up no bad for an 11 year old car with nearly 100k on it.

CD49770E-7C90-4115-9493-D5FB745EB95F_zps

89F55469-0319-4497-9A08-CCC425A1AFFB_zps

C9881E7C-7DE7-4A20-B7A7-5AE489F0C22E_zps

Just need to order some tyres for the new wheels on payday, get it serviced at work, investigate a couple of niggly issues, get the dents in the quarter panel sorted, tint the windows and of course a new windscreen lets see what else i can get sorted as it's on a stand at Scottish Car show on the 17th of July and it's still standard and not very clean!

• 4 weeks later...

Had some time off lately so been reasonably busy with this Corolla! To start with i gave it a polish felt like it hasn't been polished since the day it rolled out the showroom but it came up alright!

6E6F26F7-1A67-4C1B-BD79-6C16414AD777_zps

95CDE904-DEC2-44D7-A817-00B1B050B5AD_zps

Had a better photo of the roof to show the reflection but i liked this one because it shows the sparkle through the paint, went into work and picked up my boot liner that i ordered brand new from toyota for 30 pounds!

AD97B1D2-2F4B-4979-8082-53622A59C062_zps

Then i headed into Aberdeen to get my back three windows tinted and i fitted my massive wind deflectors at the same time

D74EBA8B-9839-431F-8890-E4A58C4EBCE3_zps

C9C7EFA5-0FAA-42D7-AC7E-CDD19C843660_zps

Then heading back to work i put on my wheels that had just got uniroyal rainsport 3's fitted it now handles completley differently and feels much smoother around the bends!

259DF1FA-C591-4F8B-AF72-AD68DB11F638_zps

281D4905-3287-4158-B974-41A1D41B01A6_zps

Looks like a different car altogether! The front sits high when the handbrake is on however so it does look a tad lower in motion, gave it a service when i got home changed the air filter for one that actually fitted properly into the airbox :crazy: changed the oil and filter lift feels like it hits harder now after the gunky oil came out althought that may just be the placebo effect :db: Next plans is to replace the wishbone bushes, balljoints, discs and pads all round and then i may think about getting some lowering springs 8)

Edited by Cammy R

Like it!

Just order some torque's for my T Sport in same colour! Seems to be the wheel of choice for Corolla owners.

What size tyres did you go for? Still undecided for mine?

I also have some Apex springs to fit on mine, really well priced and heard nothing but positive reviews, maybe worth looking at those to sort the ride height out!

If you ever sell the TTE backbox let me know!

Like it!

Just order some torque's for my T Sport in same colour! Seems to be the wheel of choice for Corolla owners.

What size tyres did you go for? Still undecided for mine?

I also have some Apex springs to fit on mine, really well priced and heard nothing but positive reviews, maybe worth looking at those to sort the ride height out!

If you ever sell the TTE backbox let me know!

I ordered them and then noticed that everyone seems to have them! haha they suit the car well :thumbsup: i have 215/45/17 seems to do the job nicely so far, i had apex on the starlet and they were a tad crashy so i was thinking on buying some H&R's see how they are, the TTE backbox will probably come off in the future but it isn't a pretty sight at all underneath, looks like it's been in the middle of a welding gang bang.

Lowering my corolla t sport was the best thing I did I cant understand why Toyota leave suspension so high on their sporty models ,do it you genuinely wont regret it on the t sport

Awesome modding start...I've also got a t-sport but my gt won't be going anywhere :)

I have some of the 17" Compressor Alloys to go on mine...:)

Have been debated standard toyota wind deflectors mine has heko's but I prefere the oem look to match the starlet ones :)

Love this mate. What's incurance like on this? Always liked the corrola t sports wouldn't mind one once my incurance comes down do love this though.

Not to bad for what it is much cheaper than an EP3 i'm ninteen 2 years no claims and i'm a grand a year, cracking cars mate.

Awesome modding start...I've also got a t-sport but my gt won't be going anywhere :)

I have some of the 17" Compressor Alloys to go on mine... :)

Have been debated standard toyota wind deflectors mine has heko's but I prefere the oem look to match the starlet ones :)

My starlet is gone and rolled through some trees already, I was unsure on the OEM ones as they are massive but they look the part when on the car!

Ah right I'll just wait till I have 2 years no claims as starlet is like £2100 atm and I'm 19 :( plus I want the compressor one lol

Ouch! Compressor is also much dearer to buy, i wanted one too but decided that i'd stay N/A as supercharger problems sound expensive haha

410F1828-7A5D-4073-A96F-544C5319F14B_zps

63F2CE49-9112-4C4E-8724-555F7AAD324E_zps

Just thought i'd add some photos of the Starlet how she sits now after less than a month with the new owner makes me a very sad man too many memories with this wee car gutted nobody else got to enjoy it for what it was, can still see the UKSO air freshner on the rear view mirror too! :sad::cray:

Ouch! Compressor is also much dearer to buy, i wanted one too but decided that i'd stay N/A as supercharger problems sound expensive haha

Yeah I plan on saving until I have 2 years no claims haha they just look so massive compared to the starlet as well lol

I've had both a ep3 and a t sport both had pros and cons but I wouldn't have another ep3 but would have another t sport in a heartbeat even though its seen as the lesser car