EDIT: Yes, I know, the pictures are borked. I cannot be assed to re-upload them elsewhere though. Shiny imgur hosted images start on page 10, with the first shot of the car sat on my Volk 5/4s

-------------

Little background behind this first.

Dad works as a self employed builder, was was doing jobs down in a seaside town called Barmouth, North Wales. He kept seeing this GT parked up doing nothing, having a forest growing through its engine bay, and after several visits, managed to get in touch with the owner. He had moved down to Southampton for a job and never had time to put the GT back together again after a small bump, hence the spare bumper in the shed, and the bent IC and IC pipes. While the bits were all off, he decided to respray it in some Ford metallic black colour (Falcon something or other? Very fine flakes). He could never find the time or money to get it down with him, so was quite agreeable in selling it.

Anyway, got it for £1000, needs quite a lot of work doing on it, but it'll be a good learning experience for me. Besides, we couldn't just let a GT sit there and fall apart, that's just wrong.

Without waiting any longer, here are the pics. Brace yourselves, it's not in the best condition.

DSC00010.jpg

Front, that's just bubblewrap protecting the bonnet.

DSC00011.jpg

Oh dear god.

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

Now then, the car came with an FMIC (in bits, yes, but an FMIC nonetheless). Now what I want to know, its it useable? Common sense tells me no, as most of the fins are damaged.

DSC00017.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

DSC00020.jpg

At least there's one ray of sunshine in all this (literally!) :p

DSC00022.jpg

Shot of the interior (that chrome tat is gonna come straight out :o )

DSC00023.jpg

And the retrim needs to come off as well, there hasn't been a good job done of it :lol:

DSC00024.jpg

Anyway, thoughts? Opinions? I realise its quite a bit of a project just to get it in a good state, but it'll be a learning experience :)

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good little project you have ahead of you, good work for saving the poor thing ;p

Regarding the fmic, Quite a lot of bent fins but spend some time straightening out the fins and i'd say it'll still give sufficient cooling, probably better than the standard tmic as there pish, plus fmic's look sick =]

(Aslong as the cooler core itself isnt leaking)

Edit : Cooler kit looks autobahn to me =] identical to mine.

Good work pal

Doesnt look that bad mate front panel looks fine so its just a casre of sourcing all the bits and getting it back together :p

Plus its a quad and sunroof model!! Welcome to my club :(

Cooler looks reusable aswell.

I dont like the look of the wiring in the bay though that could be a night mare :(

All the best with it.

Cheers guys!

Sunroofs are for winners ;D

And yeah, really not looking forward to the wiring. Will need to work out what's what, strip out the aftermarket alarm that's been installed, work out what wires belong to the turbo timer (whether its part of the alarm or not, I don't know, theres an actual timer unit box thing on the drivers footwell though), and get it all back to standard.

Good news about the IC, how would I test to see if it isn't leaking?

Cheers guys. Little question, does anyone know the part number for the little rubber locating grommet in the bottom of the rear light recesses? They've disintegrated/perished, and I'd like to replace them and then get the rear lights in so thats done.

And thanks Phil! :D

Edited by Bluebear

Fucking snow.

I wish we had a garage.

Anyway, rear light grommets should be arriving Monday, and I'll get ordering an Outer CV Boot kit from Enzo, as one one on the drivers side shaft is knackered. I hope the joint hasn't gone. What type of grease will it need to be packed with?