Sutton's Glanza V (For Sale)

Thought i'd start up a fresh thread after moving to the new site as I never really got my old thread going! New site is so much better!

So here is my 1996 glanza V that i picked up 6 months ago from a friend that i had worked with for a year. He had taken very good care of the car, owned it for 3 years and completely pampered it! So, as you can see it is absolutely immaculate :D

On the day i got it home, gave it a good wash and tucked it away in the garage before it rained.

Glanzavsss.jpg

Glanzav2ssss.jpg

Glanzav5.jpg

Glanzav7sss.jpg

Glanzav4.jpg

Glanzav6.jpg

Glanzav333.jpg

The spec when i bought it:

Pipercross Air Filter with Relocation Kit
Racetech Exhaust Manifold
Racetech Decat Pipe
HKS Backbox
HKS Actuator
HDI Intercooler
Blitz Dump Valve
Magnecor Leads

GT Seats
Blitz Boost Gauge
AEM Air/Fuel Ration Gauge
Turbo Timer
Air Con Delete

Rota GT3's - Toyo T1R's
98 Spec Front Bumper

Edited by smobey_sutton2
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got around to getting my 98 spec fog lights from Id Workz, many thanks! Look amazing and really finish the front end off!

Before:

CastleCombe-1.jpg

After:

Outfrontt.jpg

Fogalogs.jpg

fogs.jpg

Was pretty happy as the previous owner had all the wiring ready to go for me, so literally all i had to do was fit them and plug them in 8)

Edited by smobey_sutton2

Took the rear seats out, removed all the seat belts and fitted a nice G-Reddy rear strut brace. It stayed like this for a while, was suprising that it wasn't actually much louder! Had a stripped out 106 gti a few years ago and that was so loud and raspy, sounded like you were in a rally car haha!

IMG-20121008-00096-1.jpg

Edited by smobey_sutton2

Really tidy V remember seeing this at Japfest and it looks so much better now with the fogs in place :)

John

Thanks alot John, met you at Japfest1 too, lovely car you got there! Had another gander through your progress blog last night, congrats on your figures, must be amazing to drive!

Edited by smobey_sutton2
  • 3 weeks later...

Right, had the car off the road for 3 weeks, was initially just to replace my rotten mild steel centre sections of the exhaust..

IMG-20121008-00106.jpg

IMG-20121008-00105.jpg

While the car was off the road on axle stands in the garage, i removed the whole exhaust system all the way up to my racetech decat. After having a think about what to do i decided to get a full stainless 3 piece exhaust system :D

I decided on a Zisco Performance system from Malta which arrived a couple days ago now..

IMG-20121022-00136.jpg

IMG-20121022-00134.jpg

IMG-20121022-00135.jpg

Was amazing how much bigger this system was than my old mild steel centre sections and my old HKS backbox. Here's a picture where you can see my old HKS backbox next to the new Zisco Performance backbox.

IMG-20121022-00133.jpg

Thought i'd use the chance, while the car was on stands to get a few other bits done!

I cleaned the underside of the car from front to back, the arches, the belly of the car, everything! I then set about wire brushing any surface rust off (there was very little). Etched primed all the bits that needed painting and went over the top with Satin black. Following this i wax oiled the whole underside of the car and left it to dry for 3 days. It now looks so smart and is protected against future rust :D Pictures of this to follow in the next couple of days!

I also gave the GT3's a good polish, they are still like new except a tiny bit of corrosion on the polished lip :sad:

IMG-20121016-00116.jpg

Got the Zisco Performance exhaust fitted this evening, fitment is pretty spot on and the exhaust is good quality so really happy. (bar a little piece i had to weld on for the backbox hanger, to stop it jumping off its mount)

Took the car for a good test drive, loving the sound of the new system! Seems to boost easier and louder and managed to hit fuel cut on the way home on low boost (0.7bar) lol! So getting a lot more creep with this new system than my old restrictive system! Time to get that tuning developments 255LPH fuel pump fitted and then hopefully mapping in the near future, although i phoned Tuning Developments to see if they had any availabilities coming up, but they are fully booked for a few weeks :( Don't really want to get the car mapped in the middle of winter so might have to wait until 2013 to get the car mapped noww 80 As don't know anywhere locally that i'm confident with to let them loose on my car!

Anyway polished up my HKS backbox which will be up for sale soon:

IMG-20121016-00119.jpg

IMG-20121016-00121.jpg

That is one flippin tidy V that matey!

Rare to see a facelift in silver!

Tidy example. keep us posted bud!

the man speaks the truth! im not overly fussed on silver but i think this looks stunning! so clean,not a dent or scratch to be seen! look after her!

Spotted a leaking brake pipe today so replaced it and thought might aswell do a brake fluid change while i'm at it also!

Ordered a load of service bits for the car today, will be servicing it on wednesday:) And fitting TD 255 fuel pump tomorrow!

More pictures and updates coming soon!