Zem's N/A To 4EFE-T Mission - RESPECT THE REJECT

Suppppppp!

Ill add pics and all info when i get my arse out of bed and find somewhere to upload the pics. Photobucket keeps going to a Mobile site???

So I finally got the 1.3 1997 Reg Red Starlet Sportif N/A back in May looking a bit scruffy :( She had dents all over her and her colour was fading. Runs perfectly though!

null_zpsc6f49c0d.jpg

null_zpsfcf7e39e.jpg

Up to now all damage has been repaired, cars be primered and ready to spray colour! Was gonna change from red to maybe a nice grey but engine bay would look odd, and I dont have time to take engine out - no space for it either lol.

Pics of repair - wont post loads just a couple :)

null_zps2c334a73.jpg

null_zpsf219460e.jpg

null_zps422a3d2f.jpg

null_zpsad09bd52.jpg

null_zps6b483213.jpg

Left her out to bake a little after primer ;)

null_zps71b298e9.jpg

Ideas for her -

strut brace ordered

Paseo dials - ready to fit ( Thanks Steed )

Paint rocker cover

Corolla mani maybe? Or just polish stock one?

RIMS!!! Wait til you see the 90's style 3 spoke ones on her now *facepalm*

New radiator since stock is dying

Exhaust at some point - opinions and ideas on what to go for as im clueless and they all seem the same to me lool

Fit electric windows and mirrors

Get some noiceee seats - ideas?

Gearknob and steering wheel

Thats about it for now, just bits and pieces to make her look nice until I learn more about mechanical side of things. All I know at the moment is bodywork haha :)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome along lad get the photos up. Dont be afraid to use the search button as theres lots of.information on this site. Get a oik change done asap.and health to enjoy her

She's been fully sprayed now! Just needs a goot wet 'n' dry all over, when I can put all panels back on and give her a good machine polish, gonna look like glasssss!

Anyone know any electric window motors going for sale? Seen some on the parts for sale page but either no reply or sold :( I wanna get those done asap, too used to electric windows in my Polo xD

• 3 weeks later...

I've been very lazy with updating this thread LOL.

She's all doneeeeeeeeeee :D

null_zps91e53a12.jpg

null_zps0918168f.jpg

null_zps38d48b9b.jpg

null_zps0d350f13.jpg

Only things left...

- Drivers door handle

- Drivers door trim (once handle is on)

- Dials (fitted Paseo ones but speedo doesnt work, my Dad decided to fiddle around before I fitted them so I blame him haha)

- Indicator lens (any for sale?)

- Wheels once I get paid this month (June)

Then just need to take the carpet out and give it a good jetwash, Vax the seats (gotta love my mums vax carpet cleaner) and all the interior a good clean.

And finally I shall wash and wax her, give her a nice 'ol shine.

I'll get cracking on engine bay once she's driveable. Simple stuff like strut brace, paint rocket cover, ht leads, air filter etc etc.

Opinions/ideas/etc welcome :)

Are you a sprayer by trade and did you do that yourself in your little garage? Looks really good, and looks like you have done that in your garage from the red overspray? All over the garage, reason I ask is I'd be well impressed if you have! Well done man looks mint

Edited by TurboTobz

Looks mint. If the interior, sheels arches and engine bay looked mint you'd say it'd just rolled out for collection of its first buyer! Good to see you refitted the original plates too.

ERECT LOOOOOOOL! Respect or Reject I like ;)

Yeah me and my Dad sprayed this at home in the garage...looks like we butchered someone/thing with all the red!

Dad was in the trade for 35+ years, taught me all he knows :)

Thanks guys, well happy with the outcome, and yeah if the engine bay was done it'd look showroom fresh. Working on interior now, needs a good clean cause it stinks of dog. Need some seat covers for now as I wont rush to buy seats :p

Got a couple days off work starting tomorrow so shall wash/wax her ready for new wheels sometime next week.

Anyone wanna buy a VW Polo 2002? Once that's gone I can insure this beauty ;)

• 5 weeks later...

Finally, she's on the road!!!!!!!!!!

null_zps2e6216a0.jpg

Feels so good, pulls so well and these things are fricken RAPID.

When I have money it'll be all about Ass to Grass. Opinions on coilvers vs springs?

Cheeky IG upload -

null_zpsdfebc12f.jpg

Got the parcel shelf ready for carpet and to plug into amp. Also need a head unit as I think I killed my Clarion one from my old Polo 9N :(

null_zpsed80729a.jpg

After nearly 8 months of driving an Automatic that moved like a Sloth, I'm back to being like this...

null_zpsdf264bbd.jpg

WOO :D