The Icarus Project (4EFTE)

26 minutes ago, Bean said:

TF035H seems a good setup for response. The Blitz turbo may be cool but its nothing special now, better hybrids can be made or are already available with billet wheels ect.

You cant map the blitz ecu either. Dont bother wih COP not needed and its just hassel and a waste of cash, stick with the dizzy its good for plenty power yet. A decent ct9 will do 200 no bother mapped.

No maybe you're right. I should just throw money away on pointless stuff.

• 2 months later...
Just now, SpenceGT said:

Any new updates ladd, Mods, parts and Pictures etc

No mate. For the first time in this cars ownership I have just been using it. Mainly to grab a Starbucks and back but it's been nice to just use it.

The boot lid is deteriorating quite rapidly, I need to get it sorted ASAP.

I'm keeping a keen eye on your project though.

Edited by Calum122
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2018 at 8:17 PM, Calum122 said:

No maybe you're right. I should just throw money away on pointless stuff.

I have that blitz k1 turbo on mine it's not the power that seperate's it from the other ct9's it's the torque, it made the same torque ballpark figure as wepr's td04 hybrid on stock 4e and I reckon it's got more in it with some larger injectors slight more boost but for the same amount of money you can have the td04 set up which in the longer run is better especially if you plan on forged upgrade there is always going to be that bigger better option but the gearbox's become enemy's as you know haha I wish I had a nice little gt just to run 1 bar on a mine's ecu all who go big always come back! I don't understand the whole COP thing either it make's no difference to a dizzy

4 minutes ago, Gainzy said:

I have that blitz k1 turbo on mine it's not the power that seperate's it from the other ct9's it's the torque, it made the same torque ballpark figure as wepr's td04 hybrid on stock 4e and I reckon it's got more in it with some larger injectors slight more boost but for the same amount of money you can have the td04 set up which in the longer run is better especially if you plan on forged upgrade there is always going to be that bigger better option but the gearbox's become enemy's as you know haha I wish I had a nice little gt just to run 1 bar on a mine's ecu all who go big always come back! I don't understand the whole COP thing either it make's no difference to a dizzy

Engine is already forged, but I can't say I've got much desire to go big on power. It's a bottomless pit and I want to spend the money making the project unique to me.

I'm leaning towards maybe a TD CT9, WEPR manifold and go externally gated. It's all thoughts at this moment in time. I don't use the car an awful lot so I'm not in it for maximum thrills.

11 hours ago, Calum122 said:

Engine is already forged, but I can't say I've got much desire to go big on power. It's a bottomless pit and I want to spend the money making the project unique to me.

I'm leaning towards maybe a TD CT9, WEPR manifold and go externally gated. It's all thoughts at this moment in time. I don't use the car an awful lot so I'm not in it for maximum thrills.

I'd go for the TD's TD04 hybrid all day long you will get your money's worth and you cpuld run it low boost or high the ct9 your just going to run it high I guarantee 

Depending on your budget and if you want something a little different I could offer you one of our EFR kits.

We haven’t posted the full details on here yet but it spools quicker than a billet TD04 and can make a lot more power too if wanted :) 

1 hour ago, RobSR said:

Depending on your budget and if you want something a little different I could offer you one of our EFR kits.

We haven’t posted the full details on here yet but it spools quicker than a billet TD04 and can make a lot more power too if wanted :) 

This is the problem though isn't it, the gearbox's just can't take that sustain hit. My box is starting to crunch on the stock 130bhp CT9, can't see it lasting very long running much over 250. I am still keen on the COP idea, not for power or anything, just bringing the car into the 21st century. Few other little tweaks and a nice 200bhp and I'd be happy then. Really I want an FD3 to tune.