I have a picture to upload but yeah turned out my exhaust wasn't just a crack haha. My partners dad managed to cut a plate and weld it over it to seal it though. The car literally sounds better than it did when I first picked it up! The exhaust is class, its loud but not to loud and droney but has a lovely deep tone to it. Would recommend it to everyone! He did recommend to me that i should buy a new exhaust in the next couple of months though as its still really quite rotten! Oh well haha

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers mate where are you in relation to Windsor? Just wondering if there's anyone about would love to meet up one night and have a look around some other Vs and see what people have done to there's!

Aw man that must be killing your. It is such a monster though I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

Im near MK/Bedford so not local to Windsor but its not a bad drive. Ill be up for it when the cars back on the road.

Okay so not anything major to update on this. Just been enjoying the car. They are just absolutely awesome little cars I'm so addicted to driving it! The noise it makes is just incredible :D It is entirely everything i thought it would be so far! Not going to be any huge updates untill pay day again as I'm totally skint this month after purchasing the car lol. :p

But I did however buy some wax and a clay bar and set about a big cleaning spree yesterday in the sun.

Now I know a lot of you might say its not the best wax etc. But this is my first wax job on a car and I had an amazon gift voucher to spend and I managed to get this kit for a good price!

image_zps1yf1own0.jpeg

So my cleaning began and I just had to take a picture of how the wax looked on the bonnet! Got pretty good coverage considering I found it quite difficult to see where I had put the wax. Think the sun and the white car didn't help. Obviously i know it shouldn't be too sunny when washing the car but it was as shaded as possible.

image_zps1doaf4gd.jpeg

A little shot this morning of the beads on the bonnet aswell

image_zpsmwgcyc7g.jpeg

I was digging around the car history folder I was given when I bought it and came across this little guy. How cool is it!?

image_zpsjbuglkal.jpeg

image_zpsdtxgokiv.jpeg

Anyway guys not a huge update but its something while the funds are tight lol. Planning on getting a clifford alarm installed on payday and possibly going to purchase some Moman dials. The standard glanza ones at night are shocking! Anyone had any experience with the Momans? I would love indiglos but unfortunately it seems they don't get made anymore!

Anyway look forward to your comments lads!

Cheers

Sam

Both dials look good IMO but the indiglos look a bit more subtle

Maybe keep an eye out for a second hand set, seen them sell for about £60 on here

Will do mate hopefully they show up soon ideally around pay day haha. If not I'll snap up some Momans! Need to get my wheels refurbed in black aswell not a fan of white on white!

Cheers mate!

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since I updated this thread. Basically have just been loving the car. Haven't done anything massive to the car yet, waiting for funds to allow. Done an oil change and oil filter. Went to japfest this past weekend with the car and I have to say it was my first and definitely not my last car show. It was amazing I've definitely got the bug. Ive booked my ticket for JapDay so hoping some of you guys will be heading along. Was amazing to see everyones car in the flesh at Japfest.

Anyways, once I got home from japfest i had the itch to start doing stuff to the car majorly as seeing all the lovely engine bays gave me so much inspiration. So I've decided on my future plans for the car. Hybrid ct9 is what I'm thinking. But before I chase more power and better handling etc i thought the best place to start would be some better brakes! :p

So i was browsing ID-Workz and saw they have a fast road kit for the Glanza. Ordered the fronts up and they came within 2 days. Literally incredibly service from those guys!

So with this kit it comes with new Disks, EBC yellow stuff pads, HEL braided brake lines ( 4 piece ) and high temperature brake fluid.

Ive been looking at the yellow stuff pads and I'm unsure of how they will be for driving the car on the road normally, if need be i will buy greenstuff or something similar!

Hoping to get some much better updates for you guys soon, will be sure to take photos of me doing the brakes. Hopefully will get them fitted on the 13th of May.

Cheers guys hope you're all well and that everyones V is running sweet!

Some pictures of the package i received! :D

image_zpsjzvmqyzt.jpeg

image_zpsmpfkfnpw.jpeg

image_zpsqnvw688g.jpeg

I haven't started a build thread as of yet. In half mind of doing one but progress would be very slow.

Ah okay mate. You should totally do it. Mine is slow progress aswell but it's fun to make a thread regardless. If you look at some of the most viewed and liked ones on here they're about 4 years old. Give it a go mate! It's really rewarding getting comments and things.

Fair play I got the same front brake kit not that long ago cracking deal, it does the job. The yellow stuff pads are alright, I'm getting a lot of brake dust which is a bitch with white wheels but then I am still wearing them in, can't fault the performance of them though, made a hell of a difference from pure sponge! See how you get on with them and keep the updates coming 👍🏼 nice to see she's been looked after.

I'll think about making one in a bit. Got a few parts coming in a bit so I'll make a thread once I get those on. Again beautiful glanza pal.

Great idea mate can't wait to read it! Once again thanks very much! :)

Fair play I got the same front brake kit not that long ago cracking deal, it does the job. The yellow stuff pads are alright, I'm getting a lot of brake dust which is a bitch with white wheels but then I am still wearing them in, can't fault the performance of them though, made a hell of a difference from pure sponge! See how you get on with them and keep the updates coming 👍🏼 nice to see she's been looked after.

Well I fitted the kit today mate and all went well and the difference is night and day! Can't wait untill I can get the rear sorted aswell. Next plans after the brakes are sorted is coilovers and new tires. Thanks mate I'm very much looking after her she's my pride and joy!

Greenstuff pads are awful mate. Not sure on yellow but ebc stuff doesnt have good reputation amongst some people

Well I've driven around with the yellow stuff pads a while now just breaking the new discs in and they seem fine! Obviously track use and fast road use will be the true test but for now I'm happy! What pads do you use mate? :)

Dont have a starlet anymore. Had greenstuff and they were awful, spent ages bleeding rebuilding the brakes etc to come to the conclusion it was the pads that were shit

Haha sounds like abit of a faff mate! You got the charade now? I think I remember reading your V build thread I've read the charade aswell

Yeah avoid greenstuff, I've got them, they fade unbelievably fast.

Not worth the money at all

Thanks for letting me know mate. I'm getting on fine with the yellowstuff so far so hopefully they will keep performing well. What other pads do people run aside from EBC?