Yeah I plan on saving until I have 2 years no claims haha they just look so massive compared to the starlet as well lol

They feel massive too! so much more room but everytime i park it it, it's always squint haha! Starlet felt so much lower and like a clown car in comparison

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've had both a ep3 and a t sport both had pros and cons but I wouldn't have another ep3 but would have another t sport in a heartbeat even though its seen as the lesser car

I'd easily have an EP3 but the only thing that lets them down is insurance prices and being seen as a chav because you driven one even if it looks nice, The corolla is alot more uncommon and people don't really know what it is and i reguraly get asked "mate is that the supercharged corolla" almost as embarassing as getting asked what power my Glanza rep was running! :D

Fair enough I'm over 30 so insurance not a issue anymore it was about the same , but Honda was not as reliable and caused unwanted attention both owned same amount of time and milage, my Celica is dearer to insure than both id have a fn2 type r though

They feel massive too! so much more room but everytime i park it it, it's always squint haha! Starlet felt so much lower and like a clown car in comparison

Think I might get my self a compressor then lol

• 1 month later...

Had the Corolla into my mates shed over the weekend to replaace my discs and pads as they had seen better times! I have replaced them with EBC dimpled and grooved discs with Ultramax 2 brake pads nothing serious but look the part

FE818C76-CC9C-410E-9337-A35CD3DC4BD2_zps

7DC463E5-4317-4454-9572-756A27E5873A_zps

New carrier on order however as the slider snapped inside so right now it's off the road! Just ticked over 99k on friday too! done 4000 miles already some pictures attached because you can never have enough

F0378215-3CC9-4682-9AB5-61298D71DEB7_zps

98013427-1779-4E83-B359-B4313DBA9D51_zps

78430A5B-A599-41AF-A4D6-55334FF308CF_zps

Next to the newer version of her an Auris SR, the Auris SR180 is quite an intresting car tbh i guess it's Toyotas last hatchback that made some power (as far as i am aware)

• 3 weeks later...

Lovely car buddy and he best colour too. My Dad had a compressor in the same colour and it was gorgeous. I think the 2zz is a brilliant engine and would love one in my starlet. Nearly bought an early tsport years ago- I like them because they don't look anything special, but of a sleeper

Thanks man! Great engine for myself so far and everyone gets a shock when you tell them it's a 1.8 best part about the car is they ain't that known about, pre facelifts are as cheap as chips now too, I've almost converted my dad to buying one haha!

Yeh I nearly bought one but then my SR came up for sale! The compressors have loads of potential and get a hard time from everyone but fit an intercooler and piggyback ecu and you're away.

Just purchased one of these myself! Blown engine though I think. Il get a thread started as the head is coming off soon

Good lad! Face lift or pfl? wack that thread up Edit:Have just seen the thread!

Edited by Cammy R
  • 3 weeks later...

So been quiet wise with mods mostly just replacing worn parts as she is over 100K now and needs some loving, but i did get to fit some poly gear cradle bushes so gear changes feel a tad more direct now, made it down to Scottish car show with only two issues a knocking from the front and my backing plate deciding to come off! So ripped that off and it's sitting at the side of the road it edinburgh now! anyway heres some better pictures than my iPhone can take of it on the Team torque stand.

CC165DA3-EF88-4435-81B1-4E592CD6EAB3_zps

55D81379-CCCD-4918-86A8-243926062512_zps

F4EE4479-96E5-4DB9-B355-802980AE53D9_zps

2231D9E1-9028-4C8C-8BC1-5D67E73704E8_zps

3C4A6F3E-8EA3-4EA0-9802-F23C4A4AE5BF_zps

CBD947AF-064F-4FAA-BA7D-F423C3C30EB6_zps

A75043C9-DF48-493D-B7AD-5DC971269221_zps

• 4 weeks later...

So many nights have been spent in the garage fixing cutting and waiting for parts! Replaced some noisy ball joints and tightened a bolt for the wishbone which has got rid of my noise issues, the water pump was then replaced as well as a second hand radiator, think the release baering is now making a noise so might have to do that eventually! I also noticed both my front shocks are leaking so I have sourced some second hand coilovers and adjustable arb links and should be picking them up this weekend

70222E47-D824-43CE-A205-4C9B7D9351A8_zps

Also got my mats from Japan

DA773280-A6CE-43F8-BC44-173958764A5B_zps

25321599-BD23-42D7-9ECC-D70F43C41133_zps

6BF404B8-AACC-4865-A876-96A4178BD401_zps

And I have ordered a short shifter as well as a new gear gaiter so I can get the original red stiching one back in! Time to get some mods done next month and it will be due another service :p

• 5 months later...

So where are we now? Coilovers fell through I didn't have the funds then they turned out to be quite corroded, Short shifter was a terrible fit and I could no longer get reverse plus it wasn't even reducing the throw it was only a shorter gearstick! I then had to replace a driveshaft, driveshaft seal and do a gear oil change again! Thermostat was replaced now the car actually keeps it's heat, the passenger seat no longer slides on the runners, the drivers window actuator has given up on me and I have replaced both arb links and something is still knocking. Good points are 110K and I still love it even though it has caused me so much pain and free lifts from friends!

I have on the way from Japan a set of the Runx tail light only found on their models

PASKU275602_c4286c_zpsbbnc9x1e.jpg

I also waxoyl'd the car before winter, ate half my bodyweight in mud and rust just prep. the underside

IMG_3323_zpswlsrt1zf.jpg

IMG_3333_zpsje044lkd.jpg

And some pictures for the viewing entertainment

IMG_3334_zpszvclk1am.jpg

IMG_3430_zpsjdf3dyjb.jpg

ADF6A5E1-C2AB-4E70-A455-73F4453B7000_zps

Crikey. your poor TS is getting thru some issues! Mines been pretty solid bar a brake overhaul when I first got it.

Looks smart!

How do u find the TTE backbox for drone at motorways?
One of my old TS had a 2.5" decat system on it the drone was unreal at cruising speeds.

Good choice on the lights!

I'm on my second TS now.

post-2707-0-35613800-1487335816_thumb.jp

Imo. Perfect Daily Car. Much better then an EP3 as a daily thats for sure.

and no diesel required!

It looks like once upon a time it was owned by somebody who worked on a building site which would explain the tired suspension components, TTE backbox drones but so do all T-sports tbf compared to my Starlet it's like being in a benz haha, we had an encounter on fb on my post about the lights, I love mine as a daily when it works! its comfy, reasonable on fuel, ride isn't harsh, has a couple of gadgets and the power is there when you need it and when you don't you potter around below 6k

It looks like once upon a time it was owned by somebody who worked on a building site which would explain the tired suspension components, TTE backbox drones but so do all T-sports tbf compared to my Starlet it's like being in a benz haha, we had an encounter on fb on my post about the lights, I love mine as a daily when it works! its comfy, reasonable on fuel, ride isn't harsh, has a couple of gadgets and the power is there when you need it and when you don't you potter around below 6k

Yeh, there not cheap lights to get here by the time you pile all the fees on.

Ill pass on the TTE then, i cba with drone :)

looks good mate, can't beat a Ts for a daily. If you've still got the standard shocks and top mounts it's probably a top mount knocking and with the Passenger seat there's a pin that's welded to the seat frame that disengages the lock to allow it to slide it's probably snapped.