How well that Glanza tank went, that was my first plan, but desided to keep old, free space low point space for exhaust silencer or future mods. Normal EP91 4E-FE tank is maybe identical to Glanza.

Will do Pikey, thanks!

@ MR-2,

I bought this car with the tank already swapped in. happened to be my old glanza tank by coïncidence, lol.

Can't tell you how difficult that was but seems very easy to do. only requires a little bit of cutting underneath the rear seat to fit the walbro in.

If I need to take some pictures let me know, id be happy to help.

Yep, did some tucking. Also I still had both ep70 and ep91 looms in, so I had to cut some out.

Made a battery sleeve, painted my washer fluid box, installed my GPS track and trace (very accurate!)

bgs295.jpg

Installed my polished catch can, polished half size radiator and polish coolant tank. no time left to add the hoses, will leave that for next time.

eagr9v.jpg

jsbxhu.jpg

So shiny, looks good.

Catchcan tank for turbo setup or just for fun? Plenty of room to do things, no powersteering or aircon.

Intresting radiator, so small outside, Honda radiator?

That exhaust fits very nicely, is that by the way 4-2-1 or 4-1 header. Just tested one 4A-FE header, not so fast job to modify, maybe later, if have time.

it's a 4a-fe header yes. Wasn't a fast job to modify but I had this done as I can't weld unfortunately :(

Radiator for an ep82 as far as I know. Bought this thing before I even had the car :D

these upgrades are meant for the turbo setup. Just kind of making the car turbo ready bit by bit.

Very nice and clean mate! keep up the good work!!

thanks mate!

Probably Honda radiator, never seen for Starlet straight. I'm gona do later own small custom, turbo systems first so can see how much room is left. Maybe even remounted turbo on top of gearbox.

Could be, just finished the hoses and seems to work perfectly. :) fan is nice and quiet also.

Sorry for the purplish pic, my phones camera is not okay

IMAG0125_zpsf1jjnxes.jpg

Also verrrrrrrrrry lucky to find myself a cluster with tacho! really really happy with this one.

plugged it in straight away but found out my lighting doesn't work and it won't show my rpm's so it needs some rewiring I think? Anyone has an idea?

IMAG0123_zps6ccaqung.jpg

IMAG0122_zps7knxfost.jpg

Thanks a bunch mate! I got the lighting figured out already, I followed the copper lining on the back of the cluster and noticed this cluster needs an extra mass.

I added a wire in the second slot and the lighting worked! Just the tacho nos, no clue on this one lol.

Got the tacho working also! Looks so much better now it's finished.

IMG-20160416-WA0058_zpsswhhy7oe.jpg

For the people still wondering how to wire a ep70 tacho, I will explain this.

You will have to add a wire from your negative on the coil to your cluster.

You will need this black wire:

IMG-20160415-WA0034_zpsxsypzhtc.jpg

You want to add it to another black wire on the cluster, this is its location:

IMG-20160416-WA0055_zpsmez31vkg.jpg

For the lighting I went to the scrapyard and got myself a second plug to use the pins inside of it.

IMG-20160416-WA0007_zpssmekwhly.jpg

You have to add this wire to an empty slot in the existing plug and connect it to mass. the red wire was the only wire that was laying around at that time.. lol :rolleyes:

IMG-20160416-WA0017_zpsvqshxehm.jpg

Edited by dubeam

Okay, I'm late with this. Same wire also added here to get it work :) I added it straight to ground, maybe I have to put it coil ground also, to get it work propely, thanks for the hint :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...