Wanna show you my never ending project.

I have had it for 2,5 years now, and before that it didn't run for 5,5 years, so a total of 8 years off the road until now.

When i bought it, the car was almost completely disasembled, so as soon it got home in the garage, i started on the bottom, removing all rubber sealer. It is painted with epoxy, sealed, stone protector, and then epoxy twice in a home mixed dark grey colour as a finish. Engine bay is cleaned, all holes are welded. Fenders are widened 15 mm rear and 10 mm front.

Plans:

Fully forged 4efte engine

300 bhp goal

Wiseco pistons

MSR rods

Cometic steel headgasket

Full ACL bearings

ARP bolts

Ported and polished head

Custom cams

Td05 turbo w custom manifold

Competition clutch flywheel

Motorsport engine loom

Aeromotive FPR

MS3PRO engine management

Painted bottom of car

All parts powdercoated

Powerflex purple bushings

Bc racing coilovers

Widened fenders

Stripped interior

Clean enginebay

"Quick change" engine

Car is painted in OEM Toyota spruce green mica pearl

Engine bay is Skyline sparkling silver

0070A109-B797-409A-BC46-66D85A947549_zps

3B80ACAE-4254-4773-BB5E-808038CB0343_zps

949B64CC-B63C-4BED-80AB-8DA5BD21043A_zps

1185D5DF-CF06-4AF7-9DA0-B23B003FCC32_zps

DD24472B-C0E5-4529-B26F-7936911CB3F9_zps

6382A1CB-EF19-4EA5-90D5-8E400B418139_zps

F4F70A38-D5A4-4055-BEAF-26863DC3F6BD_zps

Edited by PvflindtDK
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice project, specially love underbody before/after pictures, don´t like rust but know that huge work, changing turbo etc isn´t nothingin :)

Have see this project somewhere before, few pictures, maybe on google of Facebook, now have been away from there this Year, just taking Face vacation.

Edited by MR-2

I have rust in floor corners, needs welding and don't know how I'm gona continue, thinking to take all floor away and left only midle exhaust tunnel and put full new simple straight floor. Hate that don't have time to do it and need car almost everyday. Also my garage place is ending and have to change 4E-FE engine before that, have to skip FTE engine now.

Nice stand for car, better working position, should do same kind of stand also, but it takes time too. Grill would be better, so no need for axles etc.

This green colour needs sun, I bet that looks very black on night time :) Do You left plastic parts black with out paint? Lexus IS series have same kind color, lucky guess?

Small very light glass tinting maybe, all glasses same, windscreen also..

• 2 weeks later...

Do You left plastic parts black with out paint? Lexus IS series have same kind color, lucky guess?

Small very light glass tinting maybe, all glasses same, windscreen also..

All the plastic parts are painted with structure paint, so it look like when it was new. That's bumpers, mirrors, front lip and other small things. I've only seen the colour on an american Camry and a Tacoma, think the colour is only for the US.

Rear side windows and rear window is tinted, very black! Looks cool to the colour and shape of the car.

Are You hiding wires and fuseboxes in engine room, two separate systems or full swap? I try do one electrics for engine, so can swap full system to any car easily. Later comes 5E-FTE on my EP70, so have to do it better anyway. I wanna hide everything, clean look, only plug wires can be visible...

If I was You, I only tint glasses maybe very light, all glasses with same %, I personally don't like teenager look, that it is called in Finland :)

The original fusebox is going to be hidden in the front wings, so nothing more than the engine can be seen in the enginebay. I'm doing a full custom motorsport wiring loom to the engine, and then connect it to the dashboard so all things work properly. The loom you see on the picture with relays, is sitting in the car behind the centre console.

Sounds good plan :) So easy hide everything in carburator engine specially. I try hide brakelines etc from firewall, not now but later, first have to do plans if using pedal box systems in cabin...

• 3 weeks later...

Finally something happened to the old lady!

Haven't been able to work on the car for the last two months, but today I had the time.

Bumpers are mounted with the powdercoated mounts, all looks like new.

Finished some wiring for new relays, so it's ready for engine loom. I also started building the engine, mounted new main bearings and assembled the pistons and conrods so they are ready to put in the cylinders. Everything is cleaned and shined up.

197A9462-B641-4EDA-95CE-B28B18FC731E_zps

4DE2CA29-043F-4D20-9D87-15CE12567DD5_zps

9978C2D3-D31C-4C73-B8ED-58A2BD7AD81B_zps

96CF0C92-69FD-402D-8D0E-B095E2D95BCA_zps

797A36C0-7B86-4C92-B144-5DEDC94E3DE6_zps