Brake help

Hi I wanted to know if there is a upgrade for the brakes available I.e bigger discs and more pistons in the caliper that won't require alot of spacers ect I don't want my car handling to be poor but want more braking power any suggestions

Our WMS 4-pot kits don't normally need wheel spacers, and in cases where they DO they are pretty thin. We use discs with the deepest offset we can to move the calipers inboard away from the wheels to maximise clearance.

We're out of them right now but are re-starting production with a new supplier so we should have them back on the shelf in the near future! :D

4-pot prices are all in our section (hit the link in my sig, below this post).

We don't currently have a 6-pot kit, BUT.........we do have a new 6-pot caliper that we should be able to offer this year. I don't have prices yet, but if it's 6-pot or nothing I can probably work it out.

What wheel size have you got?

Rota Grids are very tight for some reason (we've got info on the Grid, not sure about the Grid V if it's different)! With the 277x25 kit you need a 3-4mm spacer, with the 275x22 kit you need a "0-1mm" spacer.

That said, this is based on the Mk1 version of our caliper, in the real world there are some tiny differences with the Mk2 so those figures might change.

Also wheels vary a bit depending on the castings etc!

...after having a search, the V version of the Grid looks like the spokes are more tucked in for more dish, normally a RWD thing - trouble is that uses up "caliper space". So we'd need to check it with the profile PDFs (which need checking/revising to the new calipers themselves!)

Yup, we ony have 4 pot kits thus far. 6 pot kits don't have any specific advantage other than generally being larger calipers, so suited to larger discs and heavier cars.

So Supras / Skylines / M5's - 6 pot makes sense. Hatchbacks are best suited to 4 pots as they don't NEED the extra weight of massive caliper as it effects the handling.