Rev jump at 3k.

I know I've asked this question before but the problem has come back. Since I've had my glanza in January this year there has been an issue where if I'm boosting at 3k revs the clutch sounds as though it's slipping and immediately jumps up to 4.5k for 2 seconds and back down to 3k where it continues to drive normally. It does so in every gear only when boosting, it doesn't do it when driving normally. Clutch seems fine when I drive in 2nd gear at 20 mph and change to 5th gear it doesn't slip like it would with a worn clutch. Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong ?

sounds like clutch slipping. the more load you put on it that will reach a point where its can't handle it and it slips hence on boost. more boost = more load

When the clutch slips that disengages the engine to a degree and allows the crank to spin faster hence the revs increasing.

Edited by Broony

OK mate. Thanks for the reply. Just seems a bit odd that it only slips on 3k but I suppose that's when the turbo must kick in properly.

Sound like it tbh buddy. Does the engine noticeably rev higher i.e sound and not just a bad gauge?

If i were a betting man id put it on the clutch.