Hey guys, so this will be a kind of slow update because school stuff will hold me back from working on her 24/7, but nevertheless, this is the car that both my dad and i have been working on. Recently we have some big progress (paints and wings) so im gonna post some pics up.

When i first bought the car it's not actually in a great condition engine wise (2E with combustion problem lol), but as a starting point it's pretty great. unfortunately, i don't have many pictures for the past progress (coilovers, bodykit fabrication and all that) this is the only picture i had when i first bought it.

IMG_20150925_193645_zpsclwuz2ag.jpg

If you're wondering why i called this the "slow" starbo,its because the engine is underwhelming to say the least, unfortunately 4E-FTE or even a 2E TELU are quite uncommon around here and could get pretty expensive. I'm afraid I won't be seeing a turbo on this car until i at least graduate college...

But not all is hopeless! When you pop the hood on this car, maybe all you see is a measly 2E engine, but a friend of my dad gave us a 5E engine block, albeit only the bottom part, and with some adjustment, the car is now a carbureted 5E engine. Not the best setup but the 2E block is due to replacement anyway.

IMG_20151121_071753_zpssmpmwfbx.jpg

As of now-ish this is how it looks like. One reason why i'm repainting it AGAIN is because on the other side of the car, the color difference on the front end with the rear end is pretty bad, if that makes any sense.

EP71%203_zpsbtulfsul.jpg

And this is its condition about two weeks ago. Workshop happens to have another starlet when working on mine. jealous of that 2 door!

IMG_20160428_162719_zpsasqezwap.jpg

This is the spoiler i mentioned a bit earlier, need a bit adjustment but the basic is there...

IMG_20160423_095640_zpssycueich.jpg

IMG_20160423_092516_zps7xgzxpkb.jpg

Some more images.

IMG_20160502_160637_zpsmb2shqfa.jpg

IMG_20160502_164137_zpshupe7xeh.jpg

IMG_20160506_131207_zpso0qlgepk.jpg

Got a bit bored with the usual Starbo white color so i decided to paint it something just a little bit different and Championship White it is! Honda haters gonna hate :D

Now that i think about it, it doesn't look that much of a difference between those two color.

1462710659642_zpskaz6nsum.jpg

The last picture is how it was sitting as today. so hopefully i can post the result in about 3 days from now!

Looks great! Another good engine option for you would be to combine your 5e bottom end with a 4e-c carb head (bit hard to find though) as you wont need to muck around with EFI wiring or plumbing and you'd benefit from the dohc head. Match that with some 4-2-1 5efhe headers and you would have an awesome little engine package.

Good luck and keep up with the updates!

Looks very cool, great work buddy :)

Thank you for the kind words, will keep stuff updated.

Looks great! Another good engine option for you would be to combine your 5e bottom end with a 4e-c carb head (bit hard to find though) as you wont need to muck around with EFI wiring or plumbing and you'd benefit from the dohc head. Match that with some 4-2-1 5efhe headers and you would have an awesome little engine package.

Good luck and keep up with the updates!

Thanks for the recommendation! and i didn't even know 4E comes in carbs haha, so i guess i'll put in your suggestion as one of my possible options.

There's nothing hard about converting to carbs (actually individual bike carbs would be awesome!) but the tricky part is the ignition side. The 4e carb model would have the ideal distributor setup so just swap than in and away you go, or you could setup a 5efhe ecu to run the timing side only. Ive done that for 4age carb setups before and it works well. You just need to setup a TPS and mount the air temp sensor close to the carbs. It means you don't need to worry about setting up the efi fuel pump/tank/lines.

Sooo a little bit of a small update, good and bad.

The good is the spoiler is now attached to the car! personally I like how it looks as it gives the car a little bit of Kanjozoku touch.

1463067257354_zpsvywxdsn3.jpg

The bad is that the previous layer of paint caused a bit of a trouble as it doesnt seem to handle the new paint so well and this happens :sad: I have no idea what this condition is called in english (Cracked, i guess? or wrinkles)

Hopefully only in some areas.

1463069578701_zpsqpftqwbg.jpg

My shop said it could be fixed but it won't be done till the next few days or so. So i will keep posting stuffs and keep you guys updated...

Cool spoiler, just perfect semi racing look. I have KP60 glassfiber spoiler waiting, but not fit without modding ends :/ maybe should do metall like Yours.

The spoiler looks really good :yahoo: i want one.

As for the paint. i think crater effect. Can be lack on sanding the surface or chemical reaction Is it primer or top coating ?

I'm guessing its a chemical reaction, either way the problem is from us cheaping out and not fully sanding out the previous paint and/or the putty so learnt that the hard way :/ fortunately the cracks seems to only shows on the

engine bay and only one very minor crack on the roof.

So clean mate love it

Thanks for the kind words!

Cool spoiler, just perfect semi racing look. I have KP60 glassfiber spoiler waiting, but not fit without modding ends :/ maybe should do metall like Yours.

Thanks man, at first i also want it to be made out of fiberglass, but in the end, metals are easier to make from scratch :D

I hate all glassfiber jobs, metall is way to go or some friend of mine maybe do it for me.

Do you have douple layer system or is it only bended around from rear edge? If I do metall spoiler, that would be cool to do adjusting system on side.

I hate all glassfiber jobs, metall is way to go or some friend of mine maybe do it for me.

Do you have douple layer system or is it only bended around from rear edge? If I do metall spoiler, that would be cool to do adjusting system on side.

Have to give credits where its due, i actually do not make the spoiler myself. A friend of mine made it for me, so im not really sure, but i'll try to ask him about the process.

Car almost ready, reckon i could already take it home tomorrow. As for now, she's sitting all shiny with the new spoiler!

DSC_1723_zpszzvaycmu.jpg

DSC_1707_zpsq2esousp.jpg

This is how the spoiler look close up, as you can see, its only bended around the edges to make it a bit stiffer.

DSC_1713_zpsojt0iirn.jpg

Hey guys, haven't got the time to post or even take any decent pictures but the cars home! been taking it for a drive for the past 2 days or so. There is one minor problem which is the central locks seems to only work on the front doors, so that have to be sorted. Here she is...

IMG_20160519_165246_zpsaluzjwcz.jpg

Sorry for the short update but i'm holding back for this weekend to have a drive and take some quality pictures to show you guys.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if this whole thing is a bit late, i'm just really not in the mood to open my computer this past weeks, feeling shit and all.

Things started to look great yesterday, as my dads friend offered me a really rare JDM Wheel, a Sprint Hart RS. I've never even heard about them! For 550 Bucks, they are quite a steal, so i purchased them without hesitation.

I'm really glad the size and offsets suits the car really well. No more replica wheels for this little guy!

DSC_1806_zpsvey34p2h.jpg

For anyone who's wondering, they're 15x6.5 +45

DSC_1839_zpszimtoitn.jpg

Meaty fitment is bae

DSC_1827_zpsa8khtvsi.jpg

As for now, this is how i'm keeping the car, at least aesthetically. Will probably apply a paint protection in the near future and increase the braking power in the FAR future lol.

• 2 months later...