Overheating problem

Hi everyone.

My glanza always overheats in traffic, I have an id-workz triple core half rad and waterless coolant.

Driving around is fine but as soon as I am sitting for a few minutes the Temps go up, the fan doesn't seem to kick in till quite late so was wondering what I could do.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

have you ac removed ? i think one plug of that you can wire fan to and its on constant then or just make a new lead and run it to the battery and a switch inside the car

or maybe someone has another idea

have you ac removed ? i think one plug of that you can wire fan to and its on constant then or just make a new lead and run it to the battery and a switch inside the car

or maybe someone has another idea

Thanks mate

For a temporary fix if you unplug the fan switch the fan should come on constant.

Mine doesn't as I have a broken connection somewhere so I have to turn the heaters on in the car to keep it from heating lol

Dont wire the fan on constantly.....fix it properly.

You will do just as much damage running your car cold as overheating it.

Its your thermostat by the sounds of things isn't opening either that or your water pump has chucked it.

Dont wire the fan on constantly.....fix it properly.

You will do just as much damage running your car cold as overheating it.

Its your thermostat by the sounds of things isn't opening either that or your water pump has chucked it.

As above

Would a normal thermostat be fine or would it be best to go with a low temp one? Of so where can I get one I know TD do them but they are a bit pricey, have read a stat from another car fits and is at a lower temp ?

Normal stat is fine. Its all ive ever used and had no bother.

Low temp one maybe if you do a lot of track use, seen many track starlets still using a normal stat.

Decent radiator and Toyota coolant and jobs a gooden.

Cool will probably stick with a standard stat then.

I'm running Evans waterless coolant, boiling point of 180 C and has no pressure due to it not expanding (or very little)

100 seems pretty high to me, mine kicks in at a bit over mid point but only stays on for say 30 seconds or so regardless of if it drops back down to mid point or not, I end up just opening the windows and turning on the heater or turning the Car off if sitting at lights, once I start moving it starts to drop to mid point

Doesn't the waterless coolant run hotter? Thought that was the whole point of it?

It can be run in an engine hotter if that's what you mean yes, because it doesn't boil till 180 C it's pretty safe as an engine shouldn't be getting anywhere close to that temp, where as water boils at 100 so anything hotter than that creates a lot of pressure.

I'm more worries about how my engine is running at these temperatures, rather than something braking or becoming dangerous

Thats the thing with evans, it masks issues with the coolant system.

How? If I was using normal toyota coolant I would still be having the same problem I'm having now but would be a lot worse due to the amount of pressure it would be creating and strain on parts such as hoses ect, if anything it has saved my engine as a water based coolant could have created a leak by putting too much strain on the cooling system, then again it may not have, but I don't see how it could mask a problem, it does the same job just in a safer way imo

Taught it would of kicked in a bit before that maybe around 90s gauge could be off a little wouldn't say there's anything to worry about there man

Yeah mate gets to 99/100 then fan kicks in and goes back down to about 92, this is of course sitting in heavy traffic cruising is fine, sits around 82/83 degrees, back to this topic though I would of thought everyone's was the same on an ep82 anyway, unless there's anyway in which the fan can kick in quicker? Edited by patman

With the evans you dont really no if you have a problem or not. Evans can run hotter as you said which is why your gauge may be higher.engine doesnt run hotter but the temperature of the coolant does. With normal coolant you'd really know if you have an issue.

With the evans you dont really no if you have a problem or not. Evans can run hotter as you said which is why your gauge may be higher.engine doesnt run hotter but the temperature of the coolant does. With normal coolant you'd really know if you have an issue.

It will run the same temp under the same conditions ...