Why would you introduce more metal into a cabin where it's occupants aren't properly strapped in to protective seats, or wearing proper gear?

This one has been modified in such a way where is has weakened the main thing that is supposed to be protecting you. I dread to think what would happen to that weld which has been conveniently covered with a bit of padding should the car roll over. What if it shears? Where do you think the sharp end of the piece of metal tube will end up? More than likely in your, or your passengers head!!

What if it crumples in such a way, that it impedes the exit from your burning wreck of a car? What if you get out, but your passenger doesn't?

I must be getting old, but these are things to keep in mind when fitting fake 'safety' stuff to your car.

Why would you introduce more metal into a cabin where it's occupants aren't properly strapped in to protective seats, or wearing proper gear?

This one has been modified in such a way where is has weakened the main thing that is supposed to be protecting you. I dread to think what would happen to that weld which has been conveniently covered with a bit of padding should the car roll over. What if it shears? Where do you think the sharp end of the piece of metal tube will end up? More than likely in your, or your passengers head!!

What if it crumples in such a way, that it impedes the exit from your burning wreck of a car? What if you get out, but your passenger doesn't?

I must be getting old, but these are things to keep in mind when fitting fake 'safety' stuff to your car.

Mate your thinking is spot on a cage like that wont save you from anything except just looks and that's what its purpose is. Is it worth putting it in your car I wouldn't for the exact reasons you have stated above.

• 7 months later...