4E, 5E Quaife Dog Box from Tuning Developments...

Pretty sure you can buy it from quaife directly.

At 6k I'd want a sponsor to buy it for my car lol

Phil

You can indeed buy direct Phil, or via ourselves or any other Quaife distributor.

We'll be running one in our GT in the coming months. It is something that the larger power Starlet builds are going to need ideally for the future.

Anyone wanting a quote including installation please feel free to give me a shout.

Thanks

Mike

You can indeed buy direct Phil, or via ourselves or any other Quaife distributor.

We'll be running one in our GT in the coming months. It is something that the larger power Starlet builds are going to need ideally for the future.

Anyone wanting a quote including installation please feel free to give me a shout.

Thanks

Mike

You should put one in my car. It's already breaking class hillclimbs records 😂

Technically the above is true, and as burgundy would say I am kinda of a big deal. Teehee... but its also far from the whole story lol

Phil

Edited by Phil

Much want.

So if I was to send you £5,440.50 of my hard earned, what would be delivered to me?

Engine management aside, how much leg work is Joe Bloggs going to have to do to get this into their car and working. Does it come assembled?

Edited by TimD

You should put one in my car. It's already breaking class hillclimbs records

Technically the above is true, and as burgundy would say I am kinda of a big deal. Teehee... but its also far from the whole story lol

Phil

haha, for competition use it's going to be an excellent feature for certain!

Much want.

So if I was to send you £5,440.50 of my hard earned, what would be delivered to me?

Engine management aside, how much leg work is Joe Bloggs going to have to do to get this into their car and working. Does it come assembled?

You would receive the gearset, with shifter and the gear indicator is optional.

It fits in existing standard cases, has its own end cover (supplied) to house 5th & 6th gears. It would need x2 bearings to suit the C64 along with reverse lever arm, the rest are C52 items.

Do Quaife do rebuild kits for these things, dog rings, seals etc... for when a rebuild or part needs replacing or TD have the capability to carry out this work also?

All parts are available yes, we can install in house.

For anymore information either give me a call on 01925 822 266 or email me at mike@tuningdevelopments.co.uk

Thanks

Mike

i have a few general questions mike, i hope you can assist

what's the driving milage before a service/maintenance is recommended?

if so, what does this maintenance involve parts and cost wise?

can the maintenance be done by a local garage or does the box need to be returned to the manufacturer?

does this box come with some kind of milage warrantee?

thanks for any responses

i have a few general questions mike, i hope you can assist

can the maintenance be done by a local garage or does the box need to be returned to the manufacturer?

thanks for any responses

From Quaife:

We recommend that the gearboxes are serviced the equilivant of a 24 hour race. Most engines need a rebuild after a 24 hour race to give you an idea.

This would depend on what electronics are used for flat shift etc. It will also depend on how hard the driver is on the box

No as this is a motorsport product no warranty is given. If there is a build error or a manufacturing error then we will obviously cover the parts only.

do these come in 5 speed Mike?

Just 6 speed Sacha

Thanks

Mike

Thing is with Quaife Gearsets. Is they dont release any specs on torque or power handling stats.... Your still tied into the sizes of the gears in that particular box.

The strength is going to be from the materials used and straight cut design.

Obv more then stock. but it will still wear out over time. Making the cost even bigger...

No doubt it will be awesome tho on track tho and will be loud :p

I'd imagine it's really ideal for fast n/a 4age setups

I'd say a fast starlet could wear out a 6speed box fairly quick

I assume they cover they don't cover wear and tear but will they cover sheared teeth? Or blame you for contaminated oil or some guff.

As per others comments - I'm sure it would be awesome to have if money was no object.

Phil

Edited by Phil

Thing is with Quaife Gearsets. Is they dont release any specs on torque or power handling stats.... Your still tied into the sizes of the gears in that particular box.

The strength is going to be from the materials used and straight cut design.

Obv more then stock. but it will still wear out over time. Making the cost even bigger...

No doubt it will be awesome tho on track tho and will be loud :p

Not entirely true. The strength comes from losing the syncromesh and going with a dog engagement, this frees up space and allows the gear to be wider, thus being able to transfer more torque due to a wider surface area.

Regardless of the service etc, there isn't going to be many people that buy them anyway when they cost twice the price of the car. Their aimed at those using their cars for competition use, not road use. It's the same thing when people buy track tyres to only use their car on the road... pointless.

Edited by AdamB
  • 1 month later...

I'm having one of these fitted in the next month or two (booking up when Mike returns to TD on the 20th) so will update my build thread and take a few videos when it comes back. Will be having this fitted along with a Quaife LSD, fully forged engine and hybrid turbo using Wolf V550 standalone.

The car is still used on the road, but once complete I plan to enter Time Attack and see how she fairs against some of the other cars.

All in all though, I can't wait to drive it once it's all done! :D

I'm having one of these fitted in the next month or two (booking up when Mike returns to TD on the 20th) so will update my build thread and take a few videos when it comes back. Will be having this fitted along with a Quaife LSD, fully forged engine and hybrid turbo using Wolf V550 standalone.

The car is still used on the road, but once complete I plan to enter Time Attack and see how she fairs against some of the other cars.

All in all though, I can't wait to drive it once it's all done! :D

Nice one man hope it all works out for you 😀

Ya jammy git lol

Nice one man hope it all works out for you

Ya jammy git lol

Haha cheers man, I can't wait! I'll throw some videos up when I get her back and show you all what it's like, I must say I'm a little nervous mind, but the excitement definitely overpowers the nerves! :D

• 2 months later...