Toyota Starlet Glanza V 98 Spec

Year: 1998 S reg
Model: Glanza V
Tax: N/A
MOT: Feb 2017
Mileage: 125000 (on the clock, mixture of km and miles)

Description:
For sale here is my 98 spec Glanza V in glorious 040 Super White.

I've owned the car for 3 years now, and it has been in the country 4 years, making me the second owner.
The Glanza still makes me smile every time I drive it, but I'm looking for a bigger car as my next.

I'll summarise the overall spec first:

Exterior
OEM 98 spec front lip
OEM 98 spec rear lip
OEM Rear duck/mid spoiler
Rear Tow Hook
Lenso Spec D Samurai Alloys wrapped in Vredstein tyres
98 Spec Reflet Rear Lights

Interior
Gen 7 Celica Seats
OEM Arm Rest
Alpine Speaker Parcel Shelf
5 piece OEM mats
TRD Carbon Effect speedo surround
White TRD Gear Knob
Footwell and Ignition Barrel Lights

Engine
HDI Front Mount Intercooler
Apexi Relocated Air Filter
Triple Core Radiator
HKS HiPower Exhaust with mid section delete
WEPR Manifold
Zisco Decat pipe
Id Workz Cooling Panel
Iridium Spark Plugs
Zep racing oil cap
Blue silicon hoses
Air Con Delete
GReddy Emanage Blue
EBC

Chassis
Japanese Lowering Springs
KYB Upgrade Shock Absorbers
Whiteline Rear ARB
OEM Three Point Brace
HEL Braided Brake Lines
Mintex Brake Pads
New brake discs

Security
Toad AI606 Alarm with 2 fobs, thatcham certificate and window roll up installed.

I have a thick folder full of receipts for this car - everything from the original import information to a recent wheel alignment.

Tuning Developments installed the Emanage Blue, and mapped the car. I have all the dyno print outs for it, and the car is making a very healthy 205bhp at the flywheel. It's currently running a standard CT9b.

I use the car everyday to get to work, and as my family live up in Yorkshire, it gets a good long journey regularly too. On those long runs, the car easily returns 45mpg, and even with my short journey to work it will return 30-35 mpg.
The car is mapped and has always been run on 97 Octane fuel.

I service the Glanza regularly, oil every 6 months, spark plugs every year. The whole ignition system was replaced prior to being mapped by Tuning Developments to ensure reliability.
The tracking was recently checked and everything is as it should be. Mechanically the Glanza is in great shape - I replace parts even if they are only advisories on the MOT - she starts on the button every day, no smoke.
When I replaced all the discs and pads, all the sliders were removed and cleaned, plus I've replaced both handbrake cables - not an easy job - but this means you can use the handbrake with confidence and it doesn't freeze on in the winter.

The remark I most often get about the car is how clean it is. There are age related stone chips and a couple of dings, and the front bumper has some marks, but overall the paint is in great condition, especially considering the car is 18 years old.
The car has been machine polished and the whiteness of the paint puts a lot of modern cars to shame.

I have some spares which can go with the car providing the price is right, such as a set of wheels I use in the winter, the original manifold and cat.

Mileage wise - the car was run in the country for some time in km, as the speedo converter broke. If I was to estimate, I'd say the its done about 90000 miles. It currently is working is mph.

In all, the Glanza has been a comfortable and reliable companion over the last couple of years, and I will genuinely miss it when it's gone.

NB - In the picture, the stereo and boost gauge are still fitted, I would be taking these with me.

Price: £4195

Pictures:

1FEED089-7ED3-49BC-A1BD-CA3F20BC9670_zps

CC3F72FA-92EA-4C93-9A82-6373500BCFAA_zps372BE91C-4880-46C4-9951-11F2972350D4_zps

DSCF1042_zpser2y3s7n.jpgDSCF1037_zpszhpzoqre.jpg

DSCF1045_zpsarrocu7w.jpg
DSCF1043_zps5nonhvx8.jpg
BBF68CB8-BF07-4D7A-9A12-93DE9983D75E_zps
00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000026E_zps
DSCF0190_zps250a1d7e.jpg
Contact Details: Please PM me to organise a viewing - I'm around most weekends and evenings.

Edited by Mr. Chem
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...