pm'ed 3 mods none replied...

pm'ed 3 different mods with a question regarding post restrictions... none replied :rolleyes: and yes it has been more then a week now & yes they read the pm and are regularly online

really great feeling that i actually payed money for this forum <_<.

so here it goes.... again for the 4th time.

Is it normal that i can't reply to a for sale thread ?

I get it that you should not be able to start a thread below 50 posts... but replying to one if you want to buy a part should be possible ?

Its very clear before purchasing membership:

Additional to Membership. To Sell on UKSO. Will require post count levels of 50+ for selling parts and 150+ for breaking a car.

Ontop of that, the reasons why are pinned here:

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/96675-changes-to-marketplace-feedback-sections/

Nothing is stopping you PM'ing a seller regarding a product or car for sale in the marketplace.

Its very clear before purchasing membership:

Additional to Membership. To Sell on UKSO. Will require post count levels of 50+ for selling parts and 150+ for breaking a car.

Ontop of that, the reasons why are pinned here:

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/96675-changes-to-marketplace-feedback-sections/

Nothing is stopping you PM'ing a seller regarding a product or car for sale in the marketplace.

I'm sorry but this is not clear at all & does not answer my question!

it only says you cannot sell parts or break a car for parts so this means starting a new thread..

there is not a single mention or post or pinned thread or whatever stating that you cannot reply to an already existing thread/topic

show me a topic or post where it states that you cannot reply to a for sale topic/thread

Edited by T0m

I'm sorry but this is not clear at all & does not answer my question!

it only says you cannot sell parts or break a car for parts so this means starting a new thread..

there is not a single mention or post or pinned thread or whatever stating that you cannot reply to an already existing thread/topic

show me a topic or post where it states that you cannot reply to a for sale topic/thread

Why would you want to post a reply in the thread rather then PM to organise a deal if your interested in a car/part?

to let them know you send a pm

to let the seller know you can't pm because his box is full

to ask additional questions that maybe be require input from somebody else if the seller doesn't know.

etc...

there are dozens of examples like this & others, from people reply'ing to for sale topics on this forum, why else would you have this functionality ?

to let them know you send a pm

to let the seller know you can't pm because his box is full

to ask additional questions that maybe be require input from somebody else if the seller doesn't know.

etc...

there are dozens of examples like this & others, from people reply'ing to for sale topics on this forum, why else would you have this functionality ?

He makes a VERY good point haha. Seems stupid you can't post on a sellers thread

Stupid rule then. Cant be that difficult to distinguish between someone posting and advert and someone posting on a advert. Id be pissed if ive spent £1.95 and cant comment on someones post

still comes back to the post count pay 1.95 and scam away otherwise

Stupid rule then. Cant be that difficult to distinguish between someone posting and advert and someone posting on a advert. Id be pissed if ive spent £1.95 and cant comment on someones post

Some of it comes down to technical limitations in the forum software. For example, if somebody has a membership and posts an items for sale. Their membership then expires, they could use their old thread (by replying/editing original post) to advertise new items. That is part of the reason, I believe, that the system in set how it is.

It's a requirements met yes or no thing. You can't be that specific with certain requirements for one thing, and others for another within the same forum section.

Some of it comes down to technical limitations in the forum software. For example, if somebody has a membership and posts an items for sale. Their membership then expires, they could use their old thread (by replying/editing original post) to advertise new items. That is part of the reason, I believe, that the system in set how it is.

It's a requirements met yes or no thing. You can't be that specific with certain requirements for one thing, and others for another within the same forum section.

sorry, but this is untrue, you can easily prevent this by limiting the edit time of the original post.... and anybody with some basic understanding of php/sql can make a custom script.

once an item is sold, the thread should be locked by a mod to prevent somebody from using a reply to offer other parts.

I sent a couple PM's to renew my membership and never got a reply either, disappointing really.

also this,.. you pay money for a forum but people responsible for the forum are just ignoring your questions over PM... up untill the point that you have to create a thread about it to get some feedback/attention

it just gives a real bad vibe for a *new user* that even paid extra to support a community but doesn't seem get anything in return.

that's my rant for the day :wacko:

sorry, but this is untrue, you can easily prevent this by limiting the edit time of the original post.... and anybody with some basic understanding of php/sql can make a custom script.

once an item is sold, the thread should be locked by a mod to prevent somebody from using a reply to offer other parts.

This isn't PHP/SQL. It's a bought and paid for Forum Software.

I was thinking along the same lines, if they were running their own forum, like PHPBB or NodeBB then this would be a very simple implementation to do.

But they're not so that makes it more complicated.

As Dan says, VERY good forum. Well worth the £2 if you ask me.

I sent a couple PM's to renew my membership and never got a reply either, disappointing really.

Account sorted. Your welcome to retry now.

also this,.. you pay money for a forum but people responsible for the forum are just ignoring your questions over PM... up untill the point that you have to create a thread about it to get some feedback/attention

it just gives a real bad vibe for a *new user* that even paid extra to support a community but doesn't seem get anything in return.

that's my rant for the day :wacko:

So on top of us all spending a lot of our personal time trying to keep a forum up and running with no down time what so ever for the past 3 years AND fairly moderated to the best of our abilities.

(for free and no profit of our own) you want us to start writing custom scripts now too? The more you modify, the more work it becomes every time there is a version update.

The rules are in place with a post count limit (like pretty much every other forum out there tbh) to prevent people from scamming mainly.

If you dont like the way its done here, that's absolutely fine, no one is holding a gun to your head to use UKSO, feel free to use another busy Starlet Forum.....

PM me if you want a refund. That will be no problem.

i pmed you socks & bluebear and some other guy, but i don't have his name anymore because i deleted the pm,because i was thinking something was wrong with the pm system.

all i'm saying/stating here is from my own perspective, i'm a IT consultant by trade & I've ran more than 10 succesfull forums/community's with many 100/1000 daily active users, all free of charge and investing my own time & money for hosting/colocation/maintance to provide a community where people can share information, so i know what's involved.

this whole thread was started because i did not receive any answer to my questions... thats it

Edited by T0m

i pmed you socks & bluebear and some other guy, but i don't have his name anymore because i deleted the pm,because i was thinking something was wrong with the pm system.

all i'm saying/stating here is from my own perspective, i'm a IT consultant by trade & I've ran more than 10 succesfull forums/community's with many 100/1000 daily active users, all free of charge and investing my own money for hosting/colocation/maintance, so i know what's involved.

this whole thread was started because i did not receive any answer to my questions... thats it

I see no records of you contacting anyone BUT Bluebear.

Nothing wrong with the PM system.

That's great mate. Doesn't change the rules in place on UKSO I'm afraid.

We've answered your question as best we can multiple times.

Like I said if you require a refund let me know.