Taiho engine bearings!!

Has anyone ever used any taiho bearings? For the bottom end, I have been looking at some for my forged engine, by all sounds they supply bearings for Toyota in Japan, so there classed as oem quality,

Is this true? Has anyone ever run any etc?

Cheers

from day one my car has used Genuine Taiho bearings every time i've rebuilt my motor. they are a OEM manufacturer. i've had my car go from stock to 400+bhp over the years with boost levels varying from 0.6-2.5bar...never had an issue. the only time i experienced a bearing issue is when i switched to ACL. as it sits..my car is 440bhp for now with taiho bearings. as long as they are genuine taiho, i dont think you will have an issue.

sacha

Judging by the response to this thread these should be the automatic go to bearings for a rebuild.

Most people tend to use ACL and ive seen a few threads where they have failed lately so I think more people should be made aware of these.

• 1 month later...

I have contacted the seller but haven't got a response yet, do others know whether they supply in the 01,02,03 grades Toyota mark their bearings with?

ha ha that would be great wont it but sadly NO not for use thats toyota only

we can only get regular sizes 0.25/0.50/0.75

Remember to check clearence with plasticgauge

Good advice! X2 good to check clearences with plastiguage for a visual reference, it's good practice because a bearing can potentially be marked wrong. I used a telescopic bore gauge to check the mainline tunnel and big end's then plastiguage for the visual reference.