Thanks guys.

The engine and box are just rattle canned with etch primer then ford graphite grey then lacquer. Just a quick job really.

I pressure washed the engine when it was warm in the aerodeck. I also gave it a good clean with brake cleaner. I then used a small wire wheel thing in the die grinder to clean it up. Then wipe down with thinners.

I will either do the rocker wrinkle black or wrinkle red like the type r motors. Not sure yet. I've not used that paint before so I might get another rocker to have a go on.

I need to find where to get the paint the same stuff as oem.

Oem ftw!

I'm sat in my tent chilling out at kendal calling, time to crack another beer I think!

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds mega man.. Think Noel Gallagher is playing there isn't he? Got some friends there. I'm currently sat by the pool in Tenerife before coming home on Tuesday and seeing Noel at lytham proms xD

Yeah he closed last night mate, it was decent im not a big fan thb. He made some comment about a guy in the audience leaving with a bag on his back being a suicide bomber and that he had a painted face! couldnt believe it!

Weve not long got back now and im not actually that bad at all, even though i brought no beers home. It was a great weekend and such a laugh.

Very jealous lads! I'm currently tackling a 2yr old and a newborn! 0 sleep and no time to even clean the SR. Plans for rocker sound good :)

Sounds like your being kept busy mate!!!

Coming on well bean

Cheers mate, yours is coming on well too!

Im off work tomorrow to recover from the weekend so i should get some more bits done. My Gates alternator belt has landed so i can get the belts on now.

I was thinking about trying to get the aerodeck air con working in the dc2 as i do love air con but im not sure yet. i think i would need a dc2 air con rad.

• 6 months later...

Well i cant believe i havent updated this since August!
I lost interest in it a little and progress slowed down then holidays and festivals got in the way ect.

Heres a few more pics showing some progress

back end in the garage
FB_IMG_1470466102491_zpsz2pkxcvq.jpg

The rear calipers were rebuilt with new parts, i had to get an exchange caliper for one of them as the needle roller bearing was trashed for the handbrake mechanism so i gave up with that ones as the bearings are not available.
caliper_zpsjvoaclbi.jpg

brakes bled up with 5.1 with the help of the the gf.

20161221_160309_zps02go4hxd.jpg

fronts were rebuilt with new pistons ect, stainless lines front and back fitted also
20170122_141815_zpsbcftbhvz.jpg

I got the car running after an issue which took me a good while to figure out. At first it ran fine then it just wouldnt fire or not for long anyway. I had the cam belt cover off it and all sorts trying to figure it out i was looking at wiring ecus and all sorts. I even removed the immobiliser from two stock aerodeck ecus and tried other maps in the p28! i ended up borrowing a dizzy from a mate and it then ran. it turned out to just be my dizzy cap and rotor arm! so new honda ones went on and it was sorted! The old ones were the original ones from 98! Not bad so thats why i bought genuine Honda ones again.

I had this k&n brand new in the box for a gt4 i ended up stripping to rebuild my other gt4.

20170122_141759_zpsxv6fmpgx.jpg

Water was getting into the boot so new rear light gaskets went in.

20170128_160700_zpssjv1yntn.jpg

i had a bit of a tidy up in the garage and got this recaro ive had for years out and bolted on a dc2 rail and in the car.

20170129_143341_zpsrx0ell3r.jpg

Back in the garage for rear end clean up!

20170204_124125_zpsr18azkxi.jpg

crusty mc rust
20170204_125909_zps3qa7jurl.jpg

rear arb removed

20170204_125924_zpstmq4q2cz.jpg

20170204_125931_zpsshvyugpd.jpg

chassis clean up

20170204_203122_zpsw80iqxgy.jpg

after removing what i could with flap discs, wire wheels in the angle grinder then grinding stones and wire attachement in the die grinders i wiped it down with thinners and applied bilt hamber gel and left it for about an hour. You can see the rusty bits where its gone a greeny yellow. I then went back over those with the grinders ect to clean them up further. Some bits got a second treatment also.

20170205_175132_zpsjcxnsvuy.jpg

Then wipe down with thinners again and apply bilt hamber hydrate 80 rust converter just as a preventative measure incase i didnt quite get rid of it all. They are great products the bilt hamber stuff.

20170205_192345_zpsznzuiiln.jpg

While i was cleaning up the reinforcement bit on the boot floor for the towing eye the wire wheel went through part of it. i cut the thin piece out and welded a new piece in.

IMG-20170207-WA0004_zpssgl1ufl9.jpeg

I did it in sections so large areas were not left exposed as bare metal. you can see the black parts were the hydrate 80 has cured and the blue where i have just applied.

20170210_141034_zpsnunafo5x.jpg

I sprayed wax oil thinned down with thinners into the chassis legs and any cavities like where the rear suspension mounts too until it poured out of the holes in the chassis legs so everything was covered. I used a piece of hose with a brass end in it with little hoes so it sprays in all directions and you can feed it into the cavitiees. i also did behind the rear bumper and anywhere i could get it in.

Next was the schultz.

20170211_152754_zps3nwdhpov.jpg

On the boot floor i used a bit over a full can alone and its all well covered.

20170211_160551_zps3mlctun2.jpg

20170211_160614_zpscwlakak6.jpg

Edited by Bean

i picked up a non ac alloy torque mount. compared the ac cast iron ones its so much lighter!

20170210_142607_zpshqworhhq.jpg

20170210_142544_zpsm7pmp2wf.jpg

I made a start cleaning up the sills. The ends of them are pretty rusty but no big holes yet. The rest of the sill wasnt too bad. i cleaned it up with a rust and paint remover wheel in the grinder something which wasnt as aggresssive as the wire wheels or flap discs.

20170212_135442_zpsjhu7gsvi.jpg

i then wiped it down with thinners and gave it a coat of hydrate 80.

20170212_140908_zpsra5sogif.jpg

20170212_140913_zpsidftiuld.jpg

There were loads of other bits i had to do too which ive not mentioned like seized bolts. I ordered a heap of parts from amayama as Honda uk prices are shocking. Ive still to fit some. Ive since ordered a heap more as i cant bring my self to pay Honda uk prices.
IMG-20170128-WA0001_zpsyuuhnwfd.jpeg

The next delivery has just landed at customs yesterday so hopefully its not too far away. they will no doubt want their fees off me and parcel force will want their "clearance" fee which they sting you for.

You just have to stick with them Maddox. Anything can be fixed it just takes time. Plenty ones worse than this out there.

Both sills are cleaned up, wiped down with thinners, treated with hydrate 80 and covered with underseal now.

20170218_203159_zpsvzb4qye1.jpg

20170218_203041_zpszeafjped.jpg

20170218_203105_zpsr8xfyvno.jpg

Ive gave them two coats so it should keep them protected for now.

Ahhh yeah thats long gone that one. although many parts such as the engine live on in the red one. I thought i copied the build thread onto here, i must have not got round to it.

I need it back at some point as its the one I should never have sold. Have you got any plans for it or just sorting the integra for now? Saw a caged kp in the new forest on sat

Theres still a few bits i will get round to doing, main one is a rear wheel bearing when i get chance. Ive got a bit more work to get the dc2 on the road but not too much. i want to get it booked into somewhere to get new arches and ends of the sills remade. not sure where to take it though. Did you get any pics of the kp?

Edited by Bean
  • 6 months later...

Jase just reminded me i hadnt updated this thread for ages. heres some updates.

I got a box of goodies from Japan.

2017-02-22%2016.40.25_zps7nun3bor.png

Ive not updated this for a few months but progress slowed on the dc2 while i was on holidays, working on my brothers ep2, clutch, ball joints ect. then the same on my girlfriends EP3 plus poly bushes. I needed to get my finger out as JAE was rapidly approaching and my mate had got us tickets for the type r owners stand and tehy were all in FN2's. So i cracked on with it getting the car back on the road.

I got an old radio which i always really liked. I did used to own one but i cant remember what happened to it now. Cant beat the old alpine units with 4x60 Watts
20170623_201237_zpsazgiq12s.jpg

I got the ECU loom all tidied up and repaired.

Me and the gf gave the interior a good clean, got the passenger recaro fitted and JDM mats.
IMG_20170823_220009_805_zps2huv2zvb.jpg

I got the rear strut brace fitted without cutting the plastics, and a rear panel alloy JDM bar.

IMG-20170826-WA0014_zpsgwbts21i.jpeg

rear arb with new drop link bushes, under brace refitted with a few new bolts where needed.

IMG-20170826-WA0016_zpsxre6qoro.jpeg

and the exhaust fitted too. I had to make up a new hanger for the back box as it was missing one, also replaced all the gaskets and clamp bolts. Dont think i got pics of alot of this as i was in a rush, plus working outside when it wasnt lashing down.

I also scraped the old seam sealer out of the roof gutter strips as it was cracked. I resealed it as i thought it might be the cause of the cars leaks. After removing the gutter strip this was waiting underneath.

IMG-20170828-WA0003_zpsdtlcy21w.jpeg

It was around this point i thought the car was getting close so i took it out for a little road test.

https://youtu.be/mX3g6-s5oLs

A few things came from this:
-a heat shield was rubbing on a front disc
-i hadnt fitted all the bolts for the passenger side alloy engine mount.
-air bag light was on

But most importantly there was no vtec! :cuss:

All these were easy sorted and the air bag fault code was just needing reset from when i changed the wheel.

The lack of vtec was down to a bad chip so i burned another chip with my old bean spec map from my b18c4 eg and all was well. The car felt like it was going ok but i checked the ignition timing and it was about 2 degress retarded so i set it bang on 16 degrees and it felt more lively after that.

Hardly had any fuel in and what was left in it must have been over a year old as i couldnt remember ever putting any in it since i bought it.

IMG_20170821_190658_121_zpsozjwjyyx.jpg

I had a strange issue with the rear brake light dim on one side and flashing with the indicator, cleaning up the earths under the bonnet sorted that out luckily.

JAE was fast approaching at this point so a few late nights working on it and i fired it in for an mot. It passed.

The paint work was really bad on the car, it looked like an egg and had alot of contamination in it from all the grinding i had done underneath it and crap that had fell on it. The car was soaked in fallout remover about 5 times. this was the last time we did it and still loads of iron in the paint.

20170818_161013_zpssl2emork.jpg

After this the arse was clayed out of it. Me and Lewis went over it with clay mitts and over the next few days i kept washing it and going over the bad areas remaining with clay bar. I even removed the rear lights and wipers as bits were sat in the paint everywhere. Now the paint looked white again and it was even starting to have a little shine on it.

Lewis and Nash came round and set to work with the machine polisher and some poorboys products.

IMG_20170821_191036_970_zps8iurwub7.jpg

I was still doing bits and bobs on the car but we didnt get chance to finished the polishing. Luckily another mate phil and his friend Jamie came round the wednesday night before JAE with two machines and some products and they finished the rest of the car off. The whole car looked like it was orange peely all over but it was just crap sat ontop of the paint and it came up so much better. But we were running out of light.

After a few pointers i did the boot.

IMG-20170830-WA0039_zpshcahd2oa.jpg

Then the car was waxed glass cleaned, all seales wiped with vaseline.

IMG_20170830_230150_463_zpsgob3qqea.jpg

IMG_20170830_230150_464_zpsrr2bthni.jpg

and a few beads in the morning

20170831_090417_zpsapmukt0o.jpg

These arrived before JAE but i just didnt get time to fit them.

IMG-20170830-WA0035_zpstcbwnder.jpeg

Edelbrock Victor X inlet manifold, 70mm throttle body, thermaltec gaskets and AEM fuel rail. I will likely sell the fuel rail.

Edited by Bean

I will get some mate. Not took any for ages as it's been a mess under there but Claire gave it a clean before jae.

I plan to redo the rocker wrinkle black and the same for the edelbrock inlet whee i get chance. I might get some paint stripper on the inlet mani tonight and make a start.