well unfortunately my original idea of a jap powered Volvo went out the window after i called up my insurance and said they wont insure it with a different engine until im 25 -_- so for the minute its going to be having some little changes until i can get hold of a larger Volvo engine to swap in such as a T5 or V70 20V engine. so far shes standard and all I've got done are repairs, namely the two rust patches on the OSF and NSF sills. repaired the wipers for the headlights, replaced the hosed for the washers as they has rotted, repaired the drivers door hinges as the door was hanging down about 20mm when it was open and you had to lift it back up to close it!

Other than that im not moving onto mods! so ordered some lowering springs to drop her 40mm as shes currently a 4X4 and rides like a boat in choppy water! going to be making a straight pipe with a side exit, and changing the standard wheels for some nice black 5 spokes hopefully!

(could an admin please delete my previous 'Jap powered volvo' thread as im no longer going to be using it. thanks :) )

WP_20160703_17_15_32_Pro_zps8riwtdf1.jpg

WP_20160703_17_15_26_Pro_zpspipc3jpc.jpg

WP_20160703_16_31_22_Pro_zpss8anorf3.jpg

WP_20160703_16_31_15_Pro_zpstizkuopx.jpg

WP_20160703_16_30_40_Pro_zpsxveojflf.jpg

so my swede lowering springs turned up! as did my fancy open ended spanners, couldnt work out why the parcel was so heavy until i saw the size of the springs! took one out the box and put it next to the car so you can see how big they are! hopefully fitting them on tuesday with a mate!

so got started on lowering the ovlov today, got the back done but ran out of time to do the front as it has camber bolts and the brake lines are attached to the strut so need to bleed the brakes when i change the springs rather unfortunately. got the backs done though! only took me about an hour to do both rear springs as there was only 2 bolts each side to change the! sits quite nicely now, il get up some pictures of the standard ride height then when i do the fronts tomorrow il get the lowered pictures up..

WP_20160707_15_24_33_Pro_zps2nkajusy.jpg

WP_20160707_14_19_08_Pro_zps3noyjyuk.jpg

Edited by Dansstarlet1996

got round to doing the front springs friday as well, was a little more involved than i expected but wasnt to bad, turns out you have to unbolt the ball joint, trackrod end, and the hub and the whole thing comes appart as one piece, brake lines are attached to the strut to so needs the brakes bleeding too after the struts were back in. looks much smarter now than it did before, comfy too.

WP_20160708_16_31_26_Pro_zps9adgr1vh.jpg

WP_20160708_14_11_36_Pro_zpslxkn0uby.jpg

WP_20160708_17_01_58_Pro_zpsg8k4jq4j.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Some parts turned up today, new wheel nuts arrived, looking at picking up some T5R alloys, or the 17" R equivalent:) should sit nicely. After that Il be getting a custom exhaust made up, a custom straight through up to a large back box with a quad exit exhaust :D

Cheers man :) it's getting there, trying to fit a radio at the moment but having some wiring issues, it's like a rats nest behind the dash, none of the looms are taped up so stuff everywhere. Got to Live to the screen at the moment so will have to try again today :)

Day 3 of trying to make the stupid radio work -.- tested old radio and that works, plugged in the adapter harness and new radio and nothing, tested new radio in the starlet and it fired straight up, back in the Volvo, nothing. Checked all the fuses and they're all intact, changed the radio one just in case, but nothing. Tested continuity of the new harness and that's all good too, last chance is to plug it all in and work my way along each wire testing for current to the radio, if that doesn't work then I'm completely stumped!

• 2 weeks later...

Little update, hopefully getting some wheels this week, cambelt gets done on Thursday as when I bought it the guy couldn't remember when it had been done. And she's coming on the road for the first time in my ownership! If I can get my last few bits done Il be heading to trax with it. Starlets going off the road for a while, going to get some bits done, including the valve stem seals

• 8 months later...

so its been ages since i posted as its been a daily so not much has been done, suspension settled a little lower but its still to high, at the moment its got a straight pipe side exit which is being changed soon and having a silencer put back in as its a little to loud! still on stock wheels as the previous wheel deal fell through (matey never turned up!) the plan is to get a silencer back in the exhaust, and then start to look at cutting a coil out the lowering springs, as unfortunately coilovers are a fortune and can be a pain to get to work!