DON'T BUY EBC Redstuff!!! check pics

so i bought myself a set of new rotors & ebc redstuff brake pads...

the quality of these are just outright shocking & dangerous!!
right after the installation i noticed that the brake performance was really really bad.
but i logically thought, nevermind this could just be that they still need to bed in.
but after 25 miles braking was so bad i thought my master cilinder had died...
i pulled the brakes apart to find this... mind you this is equally bad on both sides
none of the calipers were dragging or stuck.
13548695_1099636280075737_1071519539_o_z
13570144_1099636276742404_1203321283_o_z
i've been doing trackdays for more than 15 years & never seen a pad fall apart like this... especially after 25 city driving miles (mind you this is my wifes car)

pads came from brakedepot.co.uk

I've used these pads many of times and hammered the car like mad with them on and they never even looked a bit worn , let alone look like that after 25 miles , got to be fakes

They are shit, seen it a few times before. Some of the Evo boys have had the friction material come completely away from the backing of the pad.

They are multicoloured bits of cardboard.

25 miles and you've lost almost half the pad?

not half i think about 2mm, it's just shocking how the surface looks, it has chunks out of it & not flat at all, looks like wet paper...

That is absolutely shocking. I never had an issue with my old Yellowstuffs, I can't imagine Redstuffs being that bad!

Something has gone wrong in the manufacturing there, I'd contact EBC. It may be, as others have pointed out, that they're fakes.

If the pads are that damaged due to wrong materal used or whatever, what have they done to your discs? Did they look okay?

There must be a fault on the pads, I'd contact EBC

I used reds on my NA (GT/V calipers) on track and road no problem. And yellows with GT4 setup on my GT and they were amazing

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I rate my EBC yellow stuff pads very highly. only done about 800 miles on them mind.

EBC disks on the other hand are shit, always seem to hear of them cracking. I used Pagid oem disks and had no problem.

Not just jumping on the bandwagon here, but I had a new set of EBC redstuffs on the front of mine a whole back and they legitimately almost caused my death, went in the bin shortly after and chucked some ds2500s on.

Never again.

Ds2500 are mega..

Definately for the lads or lasses with some power.

Their good on a fairly light car, but there is much much better out there. The likes of Carbone Lorraine, Carobtech, Pagid RS, Performance Friction to name a few.

I've heard good things about the Ferodo DS1.11 and DS UNO but never used them.