I've also thought about this mate but decided against it. A guy I worked with last year rallied an MGZR which he pretty much said was one of the cheapest ways to do it. I helped him out a bit and from what I saw over 8 months was him spend a lot of money. It constantly broke (not because it's an MG!) each event was very expensive and the rules are v v strict as Ryan mentioned.

. So you'll either need to buy a pre prepped car or prep it yourself and then get it inspected and registered for the correct class you want to compete in.

. Buy a trailer along with something capable of towing it

. Buy lots of decent tools as well as a generator/compressor etc

. Probably have someone to help you with the mechanical side of things - handy if the co driver is decent with a spanner

Ryan youre still going into hill climbs aren't you? That'd be my choice as its not like being on track where people can crash into you or rallying where the car gets a proper beating. Plus there's loads of different classes and it's a lot cheaper to get into

I've also thought about this mate but decided against it. A guy I worked with last year rallied an MGZR which he pretty much said was one of the cheapest ways to do it. I helped him out a bit and from what I saw over 8 months was him spend a lot of money. It constantly broke (not because it's an MG!) each event was very expensive and the rules are v v strict as Ryan mentioned.

. So you'll either need to buy a pre prepped car or prep it yourself and then get it inspected and registered for the correct class you want to compete in.

. Buy a trailer along with something capable of towing it

. Buy lots of decent tools as well as a generator/compressor etc

. Probably have someone to help you with the mechanical side of things - handy if the co driver is decent with a spanner

Ryan youre still going into hill climbs aren't you? That'd be my choice as its not like being on track where people can crash into you or rallying where the car gets a proper beating. Plus there's loads of different classes and it's a lot cheaper to get into

no hill climbs for me mate I'm a free man this time next year and once I'm settled into a job I'll be buying an r32 drift slut 😉
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...