opinions on road legal slicks

Toyo R1R for an all weather option

888 for good weather

Maxsport sport are heavy hard to balance and remoulded so often time the 4tyres wear rather differently

R1R everytime for me for the road

888 is the last nth of performance is

Important. (Ie not for the road)

• 2 weeks later...

May sound a silly question to some... Does anyone have experience with these tyres and finding one slightly skinnier. I believe 595s sidewalls actually measure

More like a 205 tyre. Im struggling to get a 195 on the rear of my car and every mm counts

www.ebay.ie/itm/x2-Maxsport-185-60-14-RB5-Moulded-Slick-Tarmac-Rally-Tyres-185-60-R14-Hard-/141733371511?hash=item20fff79e77:g:FUkAAOSwgQ9VvGhn

what you guys think is it worth it

These tyres are good dry, warm surface condition only. You cannot drive a car in wet conditions with these tyres also be prepared to have some crazy road noise from them, soo loud it gets you thinking something wrong with the car. Personally semi slick tyre i'm a Yoko AO48 medium compound guy, they jus' work so well on my setup. If you wanna get more mileage outta them you go hard compound at the compromise of little less grip until you get heat in them. The medium compound are reccommended for use upto 6k miles. I always manage to get between 8 and 9k miles. I think this is because the EP is a very light car and also makes them worth buying.

• 3 weeks later...

Just tried a set of 195 50 15 federal Rsr's. Once they have heat into them they were pretty impressive. And at 52 quid a corner from camskill pretty good value

What he said I won't run anything else they're cheap and they're seriously sticky your not bothered about wear and price which if you are then I recommend a nice set of ling longs and not bothered about the wet because let's face it your not going to start beasting your car when it's pissing down then go for it you won't look back

What he said I won't run anything else they're cheap and they're seriously sticky your not bothered about wear and price which if you are then I recommend a nice set of ling longs and not bothered about the wet because let's face it your not going to start beasting your car when it's pissing down then go for it you won't look back

in the wet is where the real tallent comes out

anyone can go fast in the dry

• 2 months later...

Funny seeing his thread again

My opinion has changed quite abit.

I'm stil with R1r for the road and 888 if your looking to push on.

For the track I'd say the nankang ar1 must be interesting but from the standard list 1b fast road tyres I'd say you would struggle to beat a maxsports rb5 f3 in soft in a short time attack/Hillclimb/sprint style event.

Not as hard to balance as I'd been warned and great in the damp/wet so long as not through standing water

Phil

I'd like to try Dunlop DZ03G if I ever get round to owning a set of track only wheels, heard they last ages and are the best in the dry for track days

AD08R's have been great on the street, comparable levels of grip to NS2R but quicker to heat up and more comfortable to live with (the downside being less feedback & faster wear which I think is the case so far)

Edited by Amjad