They are marmite I get that but I love 90's jap cars regardless of ugly or not ha ha. It's more about what they're capable of than anything and the fact they're cheaper than most glanzas is crazy. They just don't have the same following I guess and the OC for them has dried up a bit

I'm all for things fetching the money they're worth just most gt4's are still crazy cheap and yeh some glanzas are daft money. Yeh I love the 185's and even the 165's too. There are a few CS 185's for sale at the min

Sss? Yeh some parts are expensive but a lot of second hand parts are cheap. I think there are loads of aftermarket parts to be honest mate :) never struggled to find nice parts for mine. And now with some companies offering a drive in drive out service for engine builds etc which is pretty good. Finding the right company is always the problem though.

Yeh the wrc engines are ones as they're guaranteed to be 'thick walled' as the others seem to be pot luck. To be honest when I get my old one back I'll just go for the Camry 2.2 bottom end conversion as its bomb proof

Sss? Yeh some parts are expensive but a lot of second hand parts are cheap. I think there are loads of aftermarket parts to be honest mate :) never struggled to find nice parts for mine. And now with some companies offering a drive in drive out service for engine builds etc which is pretty good. Finding the right company is always the problem though.

Yeh the wrc engines are ones as they're guaranteed to be 'thick walled' as the others seem to be pot luck. To be honest when I get my old one back I'll just go for the Camry 2.2 bottom end conversion as its bomb proof

Super strut

I saved up a little at a time and collected all the parts and then changed them all at once. Funny thing is we all happily spend a fortune on mods but hate spending money on stock replacement parts ha ha

Edited by Pikey009

I saved up a little at a time and collected all the parts and then changed them all at once. Funny thing is we all happily spend a fortune on mods but hate spending money on stock replacement parts ha ha

Haha. But the Superstrut isn't just general maintenance. Its a full on wallet rape lol.

Its good for a while but not as long as mcpherson. And i would never trust 2nd hand parts with SS its not worth the hassle changing them and the cost that they still fetch (im going on ae111 levin sss prices)

I have seen a company that offers refurb on gt4 ss which is cheaper but its still not going to last 100k miles like mcpherson components.

As for the aftermarket support i know its there but its not as common place as evo or scooby equivalent and therefore is more money. All of this leads to the cheaper price of them imo

No I wouldn't use second hand sss parts but theres a lot of other stuff I'd use. Mine went nearly 100k before any knocking, once replaced there's no reason why it wouldn't do another 100k. I wouldn't want refurbed parts either to be honest.

Yeh you're probably right with regards to the scoobys and evos although classic imprezas are dirt cheap now too, evos seem to hold a good price. The whole wrc scandal killed off the 205's rep so that's probably another reason why they aren't as well sort after. I like them because I'm a huge Toyota fan and they're the underdog against the more well known jap stuff and ironically a lot better than most.