Headgasket issue on fresh engine

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone had any feedback from td on this issue or better still why have they not commented on this? It's not just coincidental that loads of people have had the same issue with head gaskets supplied by them and the fact that it's not even the gasket they ordered its all a bit shady if you ask me

All They said to me is that's the gasket they use in their own cars and customer builds. And that I should get the flatness of the head and block checked again.

That's it... and the head and block were perfectly flat and where not touched again when we fit an actual Athena gasket from idworkz. Everything has been fine since.

All They said to me is that's the gasket they use in their own cars and customer builds. And that I should get the flatness of the head and block checked again.

That's it... and the head and block were perfectly flat and where not touched again when we fit an actual Athena gasket from idworkz. Everything has been fine since.

that's a disgrace I'd be fuming

Yep spot on. A bit turbo kit should be fitted around jan/Feb then off for mapping as long as his funds are good. Should make decent power

Good to hear, you've probably said, but are you using ARP bolts?

• 3 months later...

I ordered the Athena 1.2mm one from TD and Mike send me JE gasket. I'm pissed.. And top of it all, i had to wait 20 days for him to actually send it to Finland. Only 2 hours after Paypal dispute and he send it. Not happy.

So now that I will have to buy another head gasket what shall u go for? Had it bored out to 75mm td04 high flow fuel rail 450cc injectors emange blue will be looking to try and get between 250bhp and 300bhp would a oe gasket take the power or shall I go for atthena gasket?

• 4 weeks later...