fabrication of starlet turbo kits

Question for you guys...

Do you still think there is a market for starlet turbo kits?

Handmade in the UK?

Im now out of a job and thinking is this something to look into?

Note to admin this isn't a sales pitch but a question to see if the venture is worthwhile

Mark

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could probably make more money at making things like harness bars for starlets. Create one and get an engineering firm to cut you out all the pieces and all you have to do is weld them together.

There's already a lot of people making turbo kits so it's a hard market to get into.

Bit of a useless venture when you've already got WEPR, Zisco and RW Developments.

Not at all, doesn't have to stay true to Toyota starlets, there's many people that are always looking for a local fabricator

Good luck to you mark, I always wanted get into fab work

Not at all, doesn't have to stay true to Toyota starlets, there's many people that are always looking for a local fabricator

Good luck to you mark, I always wanted get into fab work

But his question was in relation to STARLET specific turbo kits which we are already well catered for. Read his post properly!

If you can make good quality lots cheaper than the rest (which is entirely possible as you should have less overheads) plus complete orders within the uk and ireland faster then deffo go for it. Even if you bought bulk and then just bang a few out, throw them on ebay and on here along with a choice of flanges to suit different turbos it would be quite good. Another thing would be runner sizes, you could have 2 options. Big and small. Depending on power goal etc to aid spool/flow where required as thats something nobody offers off the shelf

may also be worth making adapter plates so people can run different turbos without having to change manifolds

+1. Cheap to make too and less time. still have to make a decat to match the lower than standard position of the turbo but still.

Well JD tuning are no longer a trader on here, Zisco have dropped off outta here too.

Race Tech manifolds are far too expensive imo.

Dean doesnt seem to release any products that ive noticed? Mostly custom fab work nowadays.

WEPR dominates atm but the wait for parts has put me off in the past, quality does seem second to none (bar a few screamer issues)

TD. Seen a few of their manifolds crack. Believe their inlets are done by Dean as far as im aware.

I see a fairly open market for you buddy :)

What about nice alloy gauge holders or even a pillar based ones.

Gear shifter raise kits.

Swirl pots and fuel cells.

Bolt on wide arch trims.

Under braces to mount splitters to.

Brackets to mount BGWs to.

Alloy door card trims.

Sunroof delete panels (if enough interest).

Better stronger clutch forks.

Engine to bellhousing adapters to run different gearboxes.

I want commission for this by the way ha 8)