Been considering fitting a std Glanza turbo kit to my n/a. But to run it on the std ECU and injectors. May go with the Corolla green injectors as very slightly bigger. No more than 5psi.

BUT thinking of doing it like the IS200 guys by using a voltage clamp on the map sensor so the ecu don't see any +tive boost and go into error/limp mode.

IS200's run as much as 10psi on std engine, ECU, injectors all with the voltage clamp taking the lazy 2.0 6cylinder from 156 brake to a max of 230brake approximate. Even the std factory clutch is retained.

not if you get it remapped on the 295cc 4efte injectors

you clearly have no clue what boost involves/does to an engine( and no not your psi ha ha ) ?? AFR on its own means fuck al !!!!

your going to have to fuck around with your timing check for det and al sorts gettin g it al checked is going to cost more then a bleu or 4efte stuff you get al the 4efte electronics and sensors for 200 / now you have the option to tune boowst or na :) :)

Im saying to use the 4efte management. As in the ecu, loom injectors all sensors etc. Ive done it and the car is still going 2 years later with its new owner, even after it was stolen from me and rallied around for a night. The only thing that went where the turbo seals lol

Ive also seen It done the way you want to try it But with 4efte injectors and the engine lasted about 4 runs of a quarter mile.

If you have the time, money and engines to waste then try it.. The more you fail, the more you lean.

But if you do try it corolla injectors wont be enough.

also dont use other cars as a direct comparison. Is200 may run very rich anyway and do you know what CFM the supercharger was putting ut at 4psi?

ITs similar to 1 bar ct9 1 bar td04 and 1 bar on a td05. there is a big difference in CFM between them even though boost is at the same pressure on all three.

So the supercharger may only be putting out very little CFM so the extra richness of the is200 fuelling can cover it.

Its good to take that knowledge but do extra research and adapt it to what you want to do.

Edited by richardc9052

Now that's very true that the IS200 may and probably is running very rich because people are now fitting the IS200 with GT30's and running abouts 10psi so again different cfm than the Eaton supercharger.

Ok then will be on the lookout for 4E-FTE electronics and ECU

Now that's very true that the IS200 may and probably is running very rich because people are now fitting the IS200 with GT30's and running abouts 10psi so again different cfm than the Eaton supercharger.

Ok then will be on the lookout for 4E-FTE electronics and ECU

full 4efte loom / ecu

dizzy / coil igniter

few sensors

295cc injectors

you will get the lot for 200/250£

now you can even run tdo4 on the stock setup :)

With the Corolla compressor Toyota just slapped a supercharger on a 190 and hardly touched anything else- pretty much every one I've ever come across has had loads of problems in and of of Toyota- my dads was no exception. Intercooler and piggy back with a decent map and the car is completely transformed and a lot more reliable.

My point is that Toyota don't always over engineer everything like we all think, especially when they offer these performance kits

Edited by Pikey009

With the Corolla compressor Toyota just slapped a supercharger on a 190 and hardly touched anything else- pretty much every one I've ever come across has had loads of problems in and of of Toyota- my dads was no exception. Intercooler and piggy back with a decent map and the car is completely transformed and a lot more reliable.

My point is that Toyota don't always over engineer everything like we all think, especially when they offer these performance kits

Merlin International did the conversions, it was them who did all the testing too. Not Toyota

Yeah on the compressor, but a lot of people are just using 1JZ-GTE turbo manifolds with the std IS200 manifold flange welded on running T3 Gt30 turbos and putting out 230 odd brake. A guy called Squint offers drive in/out service with voltage clamp or better known in IS200 circle as the Black Box. Set at 6psi gives out about 230 brake.

Yeah on the compressor, but a lot of people are just using 1JZ-GTE turbo manifolds with the std IS200 manifold flange welded on running T3 Gt30 turbos and putting out 230 odd brake. A guy called Squint offers drive in/out service with voltage clamp or better known in IS200 circle as the Black Box. Set at 6psi gives out about 230 brake.

Are you talking about the compressor the whole time there or have you moved back on to the IS? I'd have expected more from merlin given their huge Motorsport experience. Not fitting an intercooler is a big mistake and is what saps so much potential from the standard car.