Josh's EP91 1997 Glanza V build thread

Next update...

So got sick and tired on my old exhaust knocking on the body work all the time it was a cheap mashed together ebay job from the previous owner and needed to go before it drove me mad! Managed to get a Jap speed cat back full system for a bargain £105 posted. Once it arrived i cleaned it up, wrapped it in heat wrap all the way down and realised the hanger would not work and i did not have a grinder or welding gear to solve the problem. luckily a fellow member off UKSO was very happy with giving me a hand of getting it sorted and fitted! Big shout out to Funny onion (Charlotte) who we all know on here for helping me out top lass! no more knocking or problems and im loving the 5.5 inch tip and 3 inch all the way back to the decat sounds fantastic.

SxT8YLz.jpg

Edited by wakeabby14
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update...

So i was also getting tired of my dial cluster being very dim and also flickering all the time, so i invested in some moman plasma dials got them fitted easy as pie, the only difficult part was getting all the dial needles re-adjusted afterwards.

Also installed some footwell LED lights and new floor mats and the OEM ones were very worn and shabby. I also painted some of the interior bits white just to spice it up a bit! will probably have them carbon dipped in the

future!

I also got around to adding a horn button on the dash and wiring it up due to not having a horn for the past 9 months after changing the steering wheel as MOT is due in a little while.

tdJ79IL.jpg

HD9fUzi.jpg

8HX2KIm.jpg

Edited by wakeabby14

Update...

I have been thinking for a little while now and i have come to the decision im going to be going TD04L as in the future more than likely i will be forging and going for bigger power plus i want to experience the hype of the top end of the TD04 kicking in.

Due to me going to a lot of local meets in hull and getting to know a lot of people. there are many benefits and this is one of them! My friend simon from the Hull scoobs & co facebook group sorted me out with a TD04L that came off his 50K miles impreza with little to no shaft play for £50. So big shout out to simon for that one. As soon as i got it off him i took it home and decided to clean the turbo up as big plans are coming and i want everything as shiny and clean as possible. here are some before and after photos of the TD04 all that was needed is a dremel, metal polish and a bit of elbow grease.

8lh4vAD.jpg

866vnq9.jpg

OnzbBpy.jpg

Edited by wakeabby14

Update...

We are getting very close now to being up to date so getting to the final bits...

I have now changed to a 98 spec bumper as i think they look miles better and it will be going for paint when i get around to it but bigger stuff to do first.

I drove to a fellow UKSO members address and we swapped bumpers as he was looking for a 96 spec and i wanted a 98. our colours were a little off though haha as my friend paul (username:ryncewind)who i did the swap with has a yellow glanza so i looked slightly strange driving home and got a few funny looks after wards. Due to this fact and because i hated the yellow on silver look i popped into wilko's and picked up a grey/blue spray paint can and went to work on the bumper. While the bumper was off while i was spraying it i decided to clean my intercooler and all the bits underneath as there was 18 years of mud and crap under the bumper so sorted that.

That morning i cut the bumper as best as i could ready for the body work guys and painted it so it was not as in your face different it will do the job for now anyway here are a few pics!

dOgRHm3.jpg

n6Rxjzs.jpg

cpVRVBU.jpg

X3gQiTd.jpg

aQPqQz4.jpg

Latest update!

So that was a long evening for me updating this build thread im glad i have come to the end so i can have a breather before work tomorrow haha!

Right here we go BIG EXCITING NEWS I noticed 2-3 weeks ago WEPR was having a big sale on manifold kits and bits and bobs and having for so long now craving and wanting to go external wastegate and screamer pipe i took the plunge and ordered a TD04 ramhorn kit from sacha.

I have also purchased a TIAL external wastegate off a fellow member on here that is 100% genuine as we confirmed with TIAL via email as i would not take the risk with fakes as there are too many about.
When i got it i stripped it down checked what springs were in it and luckily it had 2 springs in it adding to 0.8bar so that saves me buying new ones as im getting a little skint with all these upgrades, And i also stripped the old custom paint job off it and polished it up back to its original glory or close enough!

So here are a few picks of the external wastegate before and after and also my completed WEPR kit that sacha sent me a photo of!

I will be updating the thread as soon as the kit is installed, keeping this thread up to date for all of you guys to read!

If you got to this stage thank you for having a browse and i hope you are looking forward to more content coming in the future. For now i will say good bye! and i hope you all enjoy!

Cheers Josh!

w1xFd3l.jpg

nhLNSPc.jpg

5Cu7fR1.jpg

wCIQnkQ.jpg

jjZUESD.jpg

Edited by wakeabby14

Small but busy update from today, Been using my day off to get stuff done.

Painted front strut brace, power steering cap, break fluid cap, battery supports, centre supporting bracket near injectors and radiator support clamp. I also removed a load of old air conditioning junk and cleaned it up a bit still need to remove the aircon intercooler in the cab but thats for another day not in the mood for swearing my guts out on a day off.

Also a big smile on my face as my WEPR kit arrived 2 days earlier than it should have and my desk is starting to pile up with bits. Just a few pics for you but been a productive day non the less!

ApJX1gL.jpg

0gtxeDi.jpg

fq4hOXJ.jpg

hhHhIYO.jpg

Update!

So after a long wait and excitement my WEPR kit has been fitted, Was a great learning curve putting it on and also a bit of a ball ache at the same time! My friend who helped me fit it also does powder coating and he could not resist the temptation to powder coat my TD04 compressor housing while we was rotating it! Also managed to paint the block to tidy it up!
So here are some pics i think it have come out really really well and im so chuffed over all with new kit and also that screamer pipe! videos coming shortly.

On a bad note though my head gasket is on the way out as im burning lots of coolant will be replacing that in the coming weeks! anyway enjoy the pics!

hRm7TPA.jpg

7rONnSB.jpg

fYZDJUs.jpg

CZeCBUi.jpg

4AtcN11.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Overdue update....  Lots has happend and lots of changes.

So a short period after fitting the new turbo kit,  Unfortunately my headgasket went and i was burning loads of coolant, I had Funny onion off the forum help me disassemble the head and strip to the block it look like it failed on cylinder 3 as bore was washed. overall everything else looked good, over the coming days i send the head off for a full rebuild new valve stem seals, valves re-seating, carbon removed and a skim. The head was very very slightly warped and 8 thou was removed. While the head was away i decided it would be a good idea to spray the engine bay and clean it all up as was not a huge fan of the silver. Once head was back we put it all back on no issues and car was back on the road again. 

I thought my old oil catch can was letting the engine bay down a bit so i sent my rocker cover to RWDevelopments for AN10 fittings and a new catch tank. Also put a Civic rad in too as the old was was corroded and looking a bit crap, once everything was back together it looked like this.

12 minutes ago, maddox710 said:

Looking fresh Jake! I'd seriously consider putting some heat protection on the vacuum line and radiator hose next to the external wastegate dude 

My name is josh bud haha! Cheers mate im about to post another update not even done yet had to go on my lunch break so could not finish it, been quiet at work so had the time to update haha! Ill look into the heat protection though! thanks bud Keep an out out in about 30 mins new update again!

Carrying on!

I got a little sick and tired of my stock glanza seats and they were very worn and not doing a whole lot when driving i would almost slide off them as all the padding has deteriorated.
So picked up a pair of sparco sprint bucket seats and rails and sparco harnesses and what a difference driving the car it feels so stiff and i can be more aggressive as now i stay put and dont move an inch! they look fantastic too! 

Now i have always wanted a white glanza that what i wanted when i was buying my first V however no good examples were around so i took the plunge and got mine resprayed i also treated it to new wheels and tyres. Rota Grid drift in hyper blue! they really pop with the white and sat on toyota T1 proxies. I also painted the boot my self to try and get as much of the metal work white as possible! 

I also have a FPR to fit and a GFORCE EBC when i get round to it, will update with more when i have it! 

18 minutes ago, funny onion said:

Looks great dude come a long way! would look mint with a 98 sec lip in the front! and one of my 3 point struts in the back! haha

Thanks charlotte! you have helped me out a bit like cheers for that! the 98 spec lips do look ace just really difficult to find! I know i do haha when i get some spare funds ill pop down and grab one haha! 

• 2 weeks later...

Will be more updates coming shortly.  I have a GFB ECB to fit, FPR and i have also just fitted some Ignis recaro yellow fish nets and currently selling the sparcos.  
Current plans.
1) Get some bigger injectors and fit FPR
2) Rebuild my TD04 as seals are pretty much done starting to smoke now.
3) Sell JAM ecu, Fit ECB and get emanage and mapped. 
4) Get a JAM spoiler from Frisk

Also have a side project going at the Moment I have 2 spare TD04's im going to turn one into a 20T 11 blade billet hybrid and get it balanced and powder coated. Other one im going to hybrid it as well and sell both of them probably so keep an eye out.

s2o9492.jpg

Edited by wakeabby14