AD08R track pressures?

Just a quick one! Recently picked up a pair of these to go on the front of my GT (NS2R round back)

Got a track session tomorrow afternoon and was wondering what pressures people like to run on these on the front?

I usually run my NS2R 25psi all round, that being said the Advans are a fair bit softer in the sidewall

Thanks in advance!

Amjad

It's a guessing game, ambient and track temps play a part.

If it were me, I'd start on 26 at the front and 28 at the rear.

They're 20 minute sessions at Trax, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Tim I know you do abit of track stuff

What sort of pressures do you run?

Or is it trackday stuff where you aren't back in the pits - ie once your out there you have to stay out

don't ever go out cold then come in hot and let pressure out, my instructor gave me a right telling off for that, it makes the sidewalls softer and does create massive understeer.

My AD08R are run at 26 fr 24 rear cold, took loads of testing to get that right as well, they certainly do raise upto and over 8psi but thats fine as its the cold temp that determines the sidewall stability.

don't ever go out cold then come in hot and let pressure out, my instructor gave me a right telling off for that, it makes the sidewalls softer and does create massive understeer.

My AD08R are run at 26 fr 24 rear cold, took loads of testing to get that right as well, they certainly do raise upto and over 8psi but thats fine as its the cold temp that determines the sidewall stability.

That's what all the top guys do here.

Though they aren't running fast road tyres which is probably why.

Suppose it all depends on the tyre and what your wanting it to do

Phil

I aim for 30's (hot) all round, seems to work ok.

I struggle to get heat into the rears, it's so light back there so start with a higher pressure.

Importantly the tyres wear evenly, at our level that's all that matters really.

Having said that, it didn't matter what i tried with R888's i couldn't get them to work, horrible tyres.

I will have a word for the correct explaination on this mate as I simply cannot explain it myself

Cheers man, interested to hear, cause prob very applicable to me as I have to use road legal tyres (though some Tarmac rally tyres are legal which i use)

Similarly to you Tim, I start 26front and 28rear and that'll lift to 36-34 after first practice (few minutes after sitting) and then set to 28-30 and left at that for the rest of the day

Will take more care to check throughout the day next event. Have to buy a tyre temp probe thing.

Phil

Cheers man, interested to hear, cause prob very applicable to me as I have to use road legal tyres (though some Tarmac rally tyres are legal which i use)

Similarly to you Tim, I start 26front and 28rear and that'll lift to 36-34 after first practice (few minutes after sitting) and then set to 28-30 and left at that for the rest of the day

Will take more care to check throughout the day next event. Have to buy a tyre temp probe thing.

Phil

So once you have set them hot down to 28-30 what's your cold pressure after they have sat for a few hours? Let them cool and don't adjust the then see how the car reacts when you take it back out on track, I bet you add a couple of pounds after warming them up, this was the scientific part I couldn't understand.

I will contact him today and get him to write me an explanation, he's Jensenracing on Facebook, he is like a bible of information

So once you have set them hot down to 28-30 what's your cold pressure after they have sat for a few hours? Let them cool and don't adjust the then see how the car reacts when you take it back out on track, I bet you add a couple of pounds after warming them up, this was the scientific part I couldn't understand.

I will contact him today and get him to write me an explanation, he's Jensenracing on Facebook, he is like a bible of information

Yeah let me know whatever you find

They don't get to sit for more than 40/50min between runs and seem steady in around 30 for most of the day

Phil

I aim for 30's (hot) all round, seems to work ok.

I struggle to get heat into the rears, it's so light back there so start with a higher pressure.

Importantly the tyres wear evenly, at our level that's all that matters really.

Having said that, it didn't matter what i tried with R888's i couldn't get them to work, horrible tyres.

Edited by Barnz74

I like soft 888s on the gt

But no use for anything other than what I'm doing

Track day would kill a set

I'm currently using maxsport rb5 and you can ignore the reviews online that compare them to a good rally tyre, they are night and day better than a road tyre once they get warmed up

Phil

They're OK, better than a road tyre.But once you've tried a AO48r, or a Kumho v70a, or Dunlop dz03g, then go back to a 888, you'll wonder what the hell you were thinking!

Wow, is the step up really that good? I hear the A048R and DZ03G have good wear rates too?

Edited by Amjad