Irregular engine idling after spark plug change and throttle cleaning

Title says it all... Had a minor service coming up for my EP91 and did the usual - oil & oil filter change, spark plugs change, air filter change and a check on the state of my brakes. Problem started after the throttle was cleaned with carb cleaner, from the outside (it wasn't dismantled at all).

The car now has an irregular idle that disappears when the car is running at highway speed, and rears its head when i'm in traffic or on low gears (1&2) and driving at a slow speed. Moreover, there's no check engine on the dash.

I've tried several solutions: disconnecting the battery for 10-15 minutes, cleaning the whole throttle body, swapping the throttle body with another from a working fine starlet and putting back the old plugs. The problem still persists. I've checked the distributor + lead wires but they're all firing in good order. Did a diagnostics on the car as well but no significant error showed up.

Lads, i'm at a loss on what the problem might be. Any advise and suggestion on this issue is welcome. Let's put our thinking caps on :)

Cheers!

Edited by jatelo

what i can suggest is to check your thermostat sometimes when its stuck open it will mess up everything because the coolant temperature will not reach optimum working temperature therefore the ecu will think your engine is cold and will over fuel it and idle control valve will be wide open thinking that the engine needs more air. thats why its idling high

second option is the coolant temperature sensor itself is faulty and third option is the throttle position sensor

Cheers Patman!

Nafeez mate, the mechanic specified the leak coming about from a faulty throttle component that allowed air inside when the throttle was closed. He wasn't very clear with the explanation so planning on seeing him sometime this weekend as soon as I get time off work so he can point out what he did.

Tbh, i'm befuddled by his explanation hence the need to swing by his workshop and get some clarifications. I'll update the thread when I get the info.