Thats not always the case though unfortunately, the helical LSD will spin the other wheel in the opposite direction or in some cases not spin the other wheel at all - they need load on them to lock up. Clutch plate style aftermarket LSD's will spin both wheels in the same direction as there is preload on the clutch plates.

• 8 months later...

Just want to ressurect this...ive just bought a glanza and am changing the suspension so just thought id see if ive got an LSD. Now im thinking ive either got a weird diff or a broken one lol. Jacked the front up, span the right wheel and left one didnt move. Span the left one and right didnt move. At this point im thinking the diffs shat itself and ive somehow got one wheel drive. But when i put it in gear and bring clutch up both wheels turn. Weird. Any ideas? Lol

• 3 weeks later...

my lsd is simple rev the engine on a dry road dump the clutch its goes like this wheelspin lsd bite traction small wheelspin bite traction then lock and unlock lock and unlock it literally digs in or bites the road .what im describing is the bitting and no clutch burning smell if you did not have lsd you would be smelling the clutch and just wheelspin and not moving forward much,with lsd its wheelspin then locks you move forward unlocks locks you get traction and move forward.(i kniow),also when you scandinavian on a dry dust road handbrake counter steer it like the fronts really glued down,i had a normal c140 and then got an unknown gearbox which has lsd,infact go to my thread and see the pics if your gearbox looks like mine its lsd.now if you need some tips to overcome understeer on these starlets please do let me know.you will be oversteer happy.infact if you go to me thread and identify my gearbox il let you in solving the understeer plague.bro i dont care about straight line speed but the corners,thats where they shine ,and i practiced with completely worn tyres to make things interesting,cause my baby got too predictable liftoff oversteer just gave me suprises when i didnt want the oversteer.but if you dont know what you doing you will crash terribly they are light.

Only if aftermarket diff in a normal casing.

Quaifes wont behave like that they only become LSD when you put power through them.

The OEM LSD doesnt do that for same reason, but you can tell them from the difference in casing.

please go to my thread help me identify my gearbox