Ive had my gearbox rebuilt and since its gone back together its very noisy/ clunky. It has a TRD lsd and before the rebuild it wasent noisy.

The oil used was 75W-90. This was what was recommended on the original paperwork for it from TRD.

Ive read things in various places that suggest changing the gearbox oil to lsd specific. Can anyone suggest what to use? Any input would be great. Thanks

Edited by BMX-RIG

It's acceleration and deceleration and low speed cornering, ive read in various places that some diffs are noisy but sometimes it makes some strange noises which dont sound too great, when cornering you lose confidence with it,

As said the box was rebuilt with new bearings, before the box made grinding noises when the clutch was engadged but the diff never clunked or made a noise, but since the rebuild the gears a silent and the diff is noisy?

Thanks for your response

Yeah its certainly off putting when its making noise! Id go back to who built it and get them to take it for a drive. My guess is they havent set the preload on the diff bearings correctly and its a bit loose possibly. Did they pull the diff down as well?

Ill give that a go, from what i was aware they replaced the input and output shaft bearings? Im not too clued up on the internals of a gearbox, would they have taken the diff out? When they had the box they told me it was and lsd ect.