• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For boost control, we will be using the VSV valve wiring. So if you want to use the ME221s proper closed loop boost control, simply replace the valve with a MAC (or one of our boost control valves) and you can then use the proper closed loop (giving boost by gear etc) boost control.

This the valves location on the EP91 is behing the drivres headlight, on top of the ABS module.

... further.. the EP91 is now up and running!!

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luh7APYQMiU&feature=youtu.be

I briefly seen antilag mentioned either here or facebook. Will this be a feature? If so how will this run or will we need additional wiring/valves

Karl correct, you will need to trigger ALS/Launch Control via another input on the ECU (by connecting that pin to ground) and once that happens ALS/VSS launch etc will take over. You can run air injecton valves but even without ALS will spool the turbo quite well...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Really interested in the product but not to sure on some of the features and how it works.

Put in idiot terms, ive got from reading through that this is a standalone ecu. Plug and play in the sense that there is no additional wiring needed?

Also can this be mapped by anyone or only you and will it come with a map on it so i could drive the car to get mapped once plugging in or do i need to still load a base map myself?

Sorry if these questions have already been answered but i have found it a little hard to find the answers just by reading through the thread.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Really interested in the product but not to sure on some of the features and how it works.

Put in idiot terms, ive got from reading through that this is a standalone ecu. Plug and play in the sense that there is no additional wiring needed?

Also can this be mapped by anyone or only you and will it come with a map on it so i could drive the car to get mapped once plugging in or do i need to still load a base map myself?

Sorry if these questions have already been answered but i have found it a little hard to find the answers just by reading through the thread.

Thanks in advance.

So to sum this ecu up for you,

It's a stand alone ECU that replaces the factory unit.

You install it in to the factory case (take old circuit board out and put this one in)

It will come with a bace map when supplied to you so you just plug it in turn the key and it will stat the can and you can drive on this map untill you go get it professionally tuned.

BUT Motorsport electronics DO recommend that you make sure the correct map is loaded for your car and you can do this by plugging it in to a laptop and downloading the map the is best suited to your car.

ANYONE can tune this ecu as the tuning software (MEITE) is available to everyone.

if you need help understanding how to install the ecu or how to plug the lap top in or how to download maps ect I highly recommend you go to motorsport electronics youtube chanel and watch there vids, they will tell you everything (yes I know it's on an mx-5 but the principles the same)

Hope this helped you out

So to sum this ecu up for you,

It's a stand alone ECU that replaces the factory unit.

You install it in to the factory case (take old circuit board out and put this one in)

It will come with a bace map when supplied to you so you just plug it in turn the key and it will stat the can and you can drive on this map untill you go get it professionally tuned.

BUT Motorsport electronics DO recommend that you make sure the correct map is loaded for your car and you can do this by plugging it in to a laptop and downloading the map the is best suited to your car.

ANYONE can tune this ecu as the tuning software (MEITE) is available to everyone.

if you need help understanding how to install the ecu or how to plug the lap top in or how to download maps ect I highly recommend you go to motorsport electronics youtube chanel and watch there vids, they will tell you everything (yes I know it's on an mx-5 but the principles the same)

Hope this helped you out

Nice one that's cleared everything up for me, that's exactly what I had got from reading and watching on here and YouTube but you put it in much simpler terms!! Thanks!

• 1 month later...