I need some advice asap!

So im getting pretty sick of my current suspension issue, I cannot drive down a country road faster than 40mph with out going over a slight bump and my tyres hit the wheel arches, The car has been lowered by 40mm by the past owner, I am looking at changing the springs alone and not the coilovers as i dont have much money, What are the best and stiffest spring at normal/lowered ride height. (bare in mind i was the only person in the car at the time and no items in the boot apart from my spare tyre)

Yeah, she shouldnt be scrubbing on 15' wheels lowered 40mm, unless of course the springs have sagged a fair bit, but even then I would have thought it wouldnt be too bad unless your tyres are a bigger/wider size, and as Morgey says, the rear is maybe in need of an adjustable panhard.

Phil.

Im not a 100% sure, Im not really much of a mechanic i just try and do the little things i can and get the rest done at a friends garage. I will have to ask him about it as i just want to be able to drive my car and enjoy thrashing it now and again but i cant due to the suspension. My tyres are the standard size and nothing has been changed, I just wish i knew more about cars and had someone to help me learn locally but i dont so its not the cheapest taking it to a garage everytime to get things sorted.

• 4 weeks later...