Speedvision ct9 reviews?

• 3 weeks later...

a friend used one locally/barbados and it was very good performance wise with supporitng mods...this was a while back though and i dont recall which generation it was...it was eventually sold

somewhere along the line it smoked, but we used a spare ct9 rebuild kit to sort it out and never had any problems afterwards.

a friend used one locally/barbados and it was very good performance wise with supporitng mods...this was a while back though and i dont recall which generation it was...it was eventually sold

somewhere along the line it smoked, but we used a spare ct9 rebuild kit to sort it out and never had any problems afterwards.

I'm from Barbados by chance do you know who has it now?

lots of people do,,,its been proven time and time again

if you can find a tf035,,,you may be able to have the best of both worlds----from all reports its between a ct9 (response wise) and td04 (power wise)

and shares the same flanges as the subaru TD04L....i'm more informed on subaru turbos

the mitsubbishi tdo4 i'm not too clued about though

lots of people do,,,its been proven time and time again

if you can find a tf035,,,you may be able to have the best of both worlds----from all reports its between a ct9 (response wise) and td04 (power wise)

and shares the same flanges as the subaru TD04L....i'm more informed on subaru turbos

the mitsubbishi tdo4 i'm not too clued about though

Heard those are a bit hard to find here would have to order one in

The turbo itself seems to be made reasonably well and is performing ok so far for a mates car that I fitted it to (about a year ago). If your using a factory exhaust manifold then the SV CT9 will be fine, but with an aftermarket manifold and drop pipe (I fitted units that I made) and the subsequent increase in flow it become quickly apparent that the "enlarged" wastegate (about 1.5mm bigger) is actually still miles too small. I end up porting one out considerably and flowing the entry inside the housing to try and get on top of boost spike issues. With the wastegate wired 100% open (ie bypassing as much exhaust gas as possible) it would still build boost and hit factory cut. When contacted about it SV said that we should run an electronic boost controller (which of course would do nothing about allowing extra exhaust gas to get past the exhaust wheel). They then went onto say that the setup was "extreme" and that we should fit some sort of restriction into the downpipe... which is counter intuitive to fitting a hybrid turbo in the first place haha.

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/95446-thoughts-on-speedvision-hybrid-ct9/#entry1129319

Heard those are a bit hard to find here would have to order one in

and just to give you more data to read and enlighten or confuse you :D

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/102072-tdtfo-numbers-and-digits-explanation/?hl=tf035#entry1190156

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-SUBARU-FORESTER-SG5-EJ20-TURBO-OEM-TF035HM-14412AA420-/222358028078?hash=item33c5923f2e:g:DVYAAOSw44BYYZ~R&vxp=mtr

just did a very quick search and they seem to sell reasonable on ebay...you may be able to source it cheaper if you decide you want one and shop around properly

• 2 months later...