MFactory Gearbox internals GT-Turbo/Glanza (UPDATED ROUGH PRICING)

Hi all.

GAUGING INTEREST THREAD

As you may or may not know we are MFactory Europe, the main distributer of all MFactory parts.

Previously this has been of little interest to you lot; however we have an opportunity now to get some parts put into production.

MFactory have said if we have 30+ people who would be willing to order uprated gear sets for the Glanza/GT-Turbo they would be very interested in putting these into production.

The only thing that has been discussed at the moment is gear sets, however if there is enough interest in final drives, synchro's or master rebuild kits I'm sure the same would apply.

Costs at the moment are unknown as no R&D has been done by MFactory, however I would expect them to be competitively priced against the likes of Cusco and other MFactory products for similar models.

Here is a link to our website just to wet your whistle a little and show you the vast ranges that we already sell with confidence.

http://www.mfactoryeurope.com/

Thanks

James

Team Tegiwa

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real issue with our boxes is 3rd gear.

Its what everyone shits. I must have rounded about 5x 3rd gears before I gave up.

Pricing structure is what we all are going to need though.

Quaife offer something, but they dont rate them to any power or torque levels and if I was dropping big money like what there asking, Id want to feel comfortable in my investment!

As for adjusting ratios, there pretty good as it is, and good factory options are available.

Thats my 2cents anyways!

The real issue with our boxes is 3rd gear.

Its what everyone shits. I must have rounded about 5x 3rd gears before I gave up.

Pricing structure is what we all are going to need though.

Quaife offer something, but they dont rate them to any power or torque levels and if I was dropping big money like what there asking, Id want to feel comfortable in my investment!

As for adjusting ratios, there pretty good as it is, and good factory options are available.

Thats my 2cents anyways!

Thanks for the input.

As I have said pricing is a little up in the air at the moment.

As soon as I know anything I will let you guys know first.

Ill be following this, again im with socks 3rd gear is gash.

I have a spare gearbox in the yard. never fitted so don't know the condition, was told its in good usable condition.

if you need it let me know I can drive it down to you.

Edited by Dean_mc88

Are people aware we are probably talking roughly 2k for an unassembled kit here?

Which isn't much different to a quaife kit in terms of price

And h drive already make a kit that would fit in a Yaris box that would fit on a starlet. But again couple of k for parts alone

No chance we are getting 30 folk to spend 2k on a gearset.

Cusco also have an updated gearset roughly. 1500 in parts anyone 'could' order in in theory - but who has

Phil

Edited by Phil

Yes you could swap to a celica/t sport corrolla 6speed box and then there is three or Four Companies that offered direct fit uprated 3rd/4th gears

Phil

Edited by Phil

Seems interesting but would need more info on the product, i.e. cost, durability, maintenance and warranty. Depending on price I think I would be willing to spend up to 1.2k on something decent if anything comes out of this.

Edited by nikhilkamdar12

Are people aware we are probably talking roughly 2k for an unassembled kit here?

Which isn't much different to a quaife kit in terms of price

And h drive already make a kit that would fit in a Yaris box that would fit on a starlet. But again couple of k for parts alone

No chance we are getting 30 folk to spend 2k on a gearset.

Cusco also have an updated gearset roughly. 1500 in parts anyone 'could' order in in theory - but who has

Phil

Phil, do you have a link to that Cusco updated gearset??? :)

Great to see the interest that we have had so far.

Im going to let this stew a while longer before pestering MFactory any more.

The next step will be to look at what product options they will be able to put foward and the price point.

From there it will be deposits to secure orders.