Smoke down test for vac leaks.

Hello guys this may sound stupid, has at anyone ever had a smoke down test on any of there cars to check for vac leaks, (I'm sure I got a little one somewhere) and I don't really want to pay out 700 odd quid for the machine, I suppose I'm asking what sort of garages do this type of thing as I been searching the net and can't seem to find why category this would come under, any info would be a great help please guys, and also for peace of mind, due to work commitments at the moment I seriously don't have time to start taking pipes off etc. a quick test should see what's what, thanks lads Pat

I seen that morgey haha I did suggest that before but now I'm not so sure, as would need to go round the whole air system plus fmic too just trying to get some ideas together 👍🏻

Its as easy as blocking the turbo intake with something the right size then use compressed air with pressure gauge on vac hose I just use the turbo vac, listen for leaks and u could spray soapy water on the joints to help see.

Just make sure u clamp the shit out of whatever u use to block the intake, pressurize it over your boost level but not to much.

Edited by triple j

It's a good idea thankyou mate triple, no disrespect here I just feel the smoke way would be the best way and easier for me anyway, apparently they use like a "white mineral oil" liquid so that's why I thought put that in the smoke machine then wait to it heats up then spray it down one of the vac holes