CoolerWorx CNC'd Short Shifter

I could make it but id need a starlet shifter 1st of all. I dont mind buying one then i can knock one up and see if it works.

From there i guess it would be a case of finding someone to make it on a more cost effective scale. I.e laser/water cutter for the major components then finishing up on a mill.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could make it but id need a starlet shifter 1st of all. I dont mind buying one then i can knock one up and see if it works.

From there i guess it would be a case of finding someone to make it on a more cost effective scale. I.e laser/water cutter for the major components then finishing up on a mill.

Good work! I would defo buy one without a doubt if this came to life :)

I have a spare one at home mate. I'll send it to you for free if I get dibs on the first one? Message me on faceflop

looks good morgey...i think you should make it a reality even though you are pressed for time...i know R&D and testing would be needed to finalise the product which may cost you some time and money....but i think this would be a very hot item among the starlet/glanza and possibly tercel/paseo community.

The general design should be fairly universal throughout a lot of toyotas, they all use a similar style cradle system, the base and maybe the length between cable grips and arms may change but thats nothing that cant be adjusted to suit each variation.

Will just be a case of getting a prototype made, installed, tested and then tweaking the final product to suit. I think for timescale side of things would skip putting bearings in and just use shoulder bolts on reamed holes. This would work fine for the best part but in time the holes may wear and you would need a new component rather than just sticking a new bearing in.

The general design should be fairly universal throughout a lot of toyotas, they all use a similar style cradle system, the base and maybe the length between cable grips and arms may change but thats nothing that cant be adjusted to suit each variation.

Will just be a case of getting a prototype made, installed, tested and then tweaking the final product to suit. I think for timescale side of things would skip putting bearings in and just use shoulder bolts on reamed holes. This would work fine for the best part but in time the holes may wear and you would need a new component rather than just sticking a new bearing in.

Turns out you're not leaving your job, so crack on lol!

• 6 months later...

Fuck I need this ever since I got my glanza I've been looking into having a different shifter made ect if something like the one that was first pictured could be made that would be awesome if 100 percent pay the 300 they're after too

Even if I or someone can get just the top bit, where the pivot and lever is I reckon I could make this work, take a look at Coolerworx shifter for the mini https://coolerworx.us/products/mini-cooper-r53-short-shifter easily do-able, pretty much all the movement is there just needs the cable attachments of a starlet adding, the right length for the cable mounts and obviously the base. Bit of cad know how and bit of equipment available to me via work and an old shifter (I have a spare EP91, dunno if the same as EP82). Think after a few weeks I could have something, I'm no qualified engineer but I'd give it ago, plus if I get stuck I know a few of the engineers at work will help out :p

Even if I or someone can get just the top bit, where the pivot and lever is I reckon I could make this work, take a look at Coolerworx shifter for the mini https://coolerworx.us/products/mini-cooper-r53-short-shifter easily do-able, pretty much all the movement is there just needs the cable attachments of a starlet adding, the right length for the cable mounts and obviously the base. Bit of cad know how and bit of equipment available to me via work and an old shifter (I have a spare EP91, dunno if the same as EP82). Think after a few weeks I could have something, I'm no qualified engineer but I'd give it ago, plus if I get stuck I know a few of the engineers at work will help out :p

Do it! :)