The new Yaris

I'd like to think it'll be good but it will probably be a disappointment. It will take a lot to top the Fiesta ST

I've been in a 2013 Yaris and I genuinely think my GT rides better, I don't know what this will be like :lol:

My mates got a mk6 with basically a 200hp package, cams, cosworth inlet larger TB, manifold + exhaust and a remap and its now he car it should have been when it left the factory. Pulls really well to the redline even 3s up.

However stock they are a rather dull underpowered car

That yaris is hideous did they just give it a stupid paint job and forget to add a body kit looks like its on stilts?

You can almost guarantee that it will only get between 140-180 bhp and land it in the underwhelming power category.

That yaris is hideous did they just give it a stupid paint job and forget to add a body kit looks like its on stilts?

You can almost guarantee that it will only get between 140-180 bhp and land it in the underwhelming power category.

I'd say it's no taller than a standard Fiesta st tbh, considering it's probably a computer rendition as they haven't made it yet it could sit lower or higher, Toyota have confirmed more than 210 hp though so thankfully they have something right

I'd say it's no taller than a standard Fiesta st tbh, considering it's probably a computer rendition as they haven't made it yet it could sit lower or higher, Toyota have confirmed more than 210 hp though so thankfully they have something right

It most likely isnt but it doesn't look right.

Fiesta ST has side skirts which helps its profile. There is non in that image of the yaris.

Back end is nice though.

Didn't read the article just noticed they will provide more than 210bhp which if they keep their words is exactly what they need to do, step outside the box. 210+ is high for this category.

Styling is really 'meh', it doesn't look like anything particularly special to me.

I don't get all this fuss about 210hp either, it's hardly groundbreaking.

Hot hatches these days seem to get wetter and wetter. I guess that's all the eco / safety legislation taking its toll.

Styling is really 'meh', it doesn't look like anything particularly special to me.

I don't get all this fuss about 210hp either, it's hardly groundbreaking.

Hot hatches these days seem to get wetter and wetter. I guess that's all the eco / safety legislation taking its toll.

For it's class 210 is almost as high as it gets, 220 in the rs clio is the highest I believe, would hardly call that power wet considering all the cars before hand have less hp?

For it's class 210 is almost as high as it gets, 220 in the rs clio is the highest I believe, would hardly call that power wet considering all the cars before hand have less hp?

Agreed and the Clio is let down by the fact an RS looks the exact same as a regular one.

Rs Clios used to be one of the best looking in that class now they just blend in.

Yea I guess it's in line with the competition, maybe it's just the whole class that I find disappointing. I just wish some manufacturer would take more risks and come out with a mini hot hatch that was a proper animal, not just these warm versions. 500 Abarth sounds like it might be more along those lines - they look smart but I've never got to go in one.

New hatches just seem to boil down to 'circa 200hp and safe styling'?

Yea I guess it's in line with the competition, maybe it's just the whole class that I find disappointing. I just wish some manufacturer would take more risks and come out with a mini hot hatch that was a proper animal, not just these warm versions. 500 Abarth sounds like it might be more along those lines - they look smart but I've never got to go in one.

New hatches just seem to boil down to 'circa 200hp and safe styling'?

Abarth 695 Biposto so long as you have £35k lying around.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201611029373404?advertising-location=at_cars&make=ABARTH&postcode=g822nd&radius=1500&sort=price-desc&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&page=1

Edited by StuDoc 72

I don't know why anyone would spend that much on a FWD Fiat when you have the likes of M140i or Golf R in that price range

Nah me either mate its just cool but the price obviously makes it a bit ridiculous.

That said I wouldnt spend it on a golf R either unless u want to die of boredum.