Wants cut out if you rev more than 20-25% throttle?

Fuelpump problems sometimes cause that kind of thigs, don't deliver enough fuel under raising pressure. Easy to test with fuel gauge between filter and fuelrail, then test drive. Toyota services have those gauges, I have loaned few times...

Fuelpump problems sometimes cause that kind of thigs, don't deliver enough fuel under raising pressure. Easy to test with fuel gauge between filter and fuelrail, then test drive. Toyota services have those gauges, I have loaned few times...

Cannot drive it tho bud.. will idle perfecf but soon as try use throttle more than 1/4 it will try to cut out

Have you checked the TPS?

Yeah swapped to a working one but no luck. It also sounds like sucking in air from somewhere when you rev it.. but cannot see no leaks or splits. Has a little whistle to it when rev.. replaced absolutely everything today including fuel pump, tps, map sensor, all the ignition, no luck. Guessing the timing has jumped and altered the fueling/air

check if map sensor is connected /working !!

Yeah swapped to a working one but no luck. It also sounds like sucking in air from somewhere when you rev it.. but cannot see no leaks or splits. Has a little whistle to it when rev.. replaced absolutely everything today including fuel pump, tps, map sensor, all the ignition, no luck. Guessing the timing has jumped and altered the fueling/air

Share Share

i recon there is a vacuum leak somewhere. try spraying some carb cleaner on the pipes and the around the intake gasket while its on and see any changed on the engine sound.

I've ordered a new inlet gasket as that isnt in the best condition.. but pretty sure that wouldnt make it not wanna rev/wanna cut out.. there is a sleight whistle on throttle so guessing thats a leak somewhere

did u do the diagnostic?

Not as of yet no.. sprayed cleaner everywhere and cannot find no leaks.. the second i spray cleaner around the boost pipes/turbo area it changes its tone an goes to die for a min.. then back to normal.. making me think the turbos shaft has dropped

If the engine want to cut out when you spray the cleaner on the intercooler pipes, you have a leak. Check the pipes the holes and redo all the clamps tight.

Then re check with the cleaner, nothing should happen when cleaner is sprayed over the intercooler joints.

No way, i went to my car this morning after it sitting for 3 days and boom, straight into limp mode....wouldnt go over 2000 rpm, or like you say 20% throttle. Took it to the guys i know at the garage and it turns out the tps signal from the ecu isnt producing the 4/5 volts needed to say that the throttle body is fully open.

They tested the signal from tps to ecu was fine on open throttle but the signal then from ecu wasnt coming out. They put artificial 4/5volt signal to the wite and it revved up straight away!! Turned of the volts, and wouldnt go over 2000rpm.

Another ecu is on the way and hopefulky that will solve the problem, then i will get the old ecu checked out.

Old ecu being a JAM pnp one.

No way, i went to my car this morning after it sitting for 3 days and boom, straight into limp mode....wouldnt go over 2000 rpm, or like you say 20% throttle. Took it to the guys i know at the garage and it turns out the tps signal from the ecu isnt producing the 4/5 volts needed to say that the throttle body is fully open.

They tested the signal from tps to ecu was fine on open throttle but the signal then from ecu wasnt coming out. They put artificial 4/5volt signal to the wite and it revved up straight away!! Turned of the volts, and wouldnt go over 2000rpm.

Another ecu is on the way and hopefulky that will solve the problem, then i will get the old ecu checked out.

Old ecu being a JAM pnp one.

This used to have a JAM but swapped go standard and still having the problem

Il let you know monday weather mine works out ok. But its deffo the signal going to the TPS from ecu ( think its the pcw or something like that wire on the ecu pinout as there are 3 pins for tps) but as soon as a voltage was manualy put to the tps, via the wire the engine picked up again and would rev up like normal.

Have you changed your tps?

Il let you know monday weather mine works out ok. But its deffo the signal going to the TPS from ecu ( think its the pcw or something like that wire on the ecu pinout as there are 3 pins for tps) but as soon as a voltage was manualy put to the tps, via the wire the engine picked up again and would rev up like normal.

Changed it but whether to other one is anygood i dont know

Tps changed an reset, compression test done and all good.. timing is all good. brand new plugs are now black so fuel/air must be wrong!

If air fuel was wrong i think it would cut out. My symptoms were, when i pressed throttle all the way down, it just revved to 2000rpm then cut , then back to 2000 then cut almost like you are just stabbing the throttle on and off.

New ecu arrived this morning, fitted buy the garrage and all is back to normal. Pick it up on monday.