Personal preference on a few of these, some rate them more than others.

Start with new track rods and ball joints

Light alloys and grippy tyres are a must

So are coilovers

LSD

Adjustable panhard

Rear anti roll bar

Front and rear strut braces

Polybush absolutely everything, drop link bushes, rear beam etc.

Anti lift kit to adjust castor

A weld in cage will properly stiffen the chassis up but not everyone wants / needs one.

There are a good other few braces in the ultra racing catalogue.

You can also get thicker front anti roll bars but you may find a slight increase in understeer.

Its also really important to have the alignment set up ofter handling mods.

It really depends what you want to use the car for.

If you go all out like above it will drive like a pig on country roads, sometimes you have to compromise in one area to help keep road holding on worse surfaces.

Coilovers are good and you can select spring rates to suit expected driving conditions. Etc etc

If you go all out like above it will drive like a pig on country roads

Drive like a pig or drive like a fuckin boss?! Haha, Scottish country roads is where my is in its element! Bit bumpy but thats to be expected.

Minus the cage, and the LSD (because 4wd and theres no front one yet)

Meisters are perfect for the roads i use, even at 16 clicks (mostly)

Besides, theres not really much else of an option. Even the bilstein shocks i have on my other starlet a GT are nowhere near are good as a coilover.

Personal preference on a few of these, some rate them more than others.

Start with new track rods and ball joints

Light alloys and grippy tyres are a must

So are coilovers

LSD

Adjustable panhard

Rear anti roll bar

Front and rear strut braces

Polybush absolutely everything, drop link bushes, rear beam etc.

Anti lift kit to adjust castor

A weld in cage will properly stiffen the chassis up but not everyone wants / needs one.

There are a good other few braces in the ultra racing catalogue.

You can also get thicker front anti roll bars but you may find a slight increase in understeer.

Its also really important to have the alignment set up ofter handling mods.

This is good summary text :) And always remember bad wheather condition on road car, too stiff is not always best option for snow, wet and bumpy roads, car needs some suspention on that area.

Got rotas with good tires and tien Coilovers. Doesn't handle brilliant tho, under steers alot, ordered an anti lift kit, are the ultra racing stuff on ebay good for the job? Also the main reason is I'm going to take it to the ring in a few months so I want it the best I can so I haven't an excuse of it was that cars fault when I bin it hahahaha

When i had my first GT i put an adjustable ARB on the back and set it to the stiffest setting, ot did make a good difference to the stiffnes of the rear especially with a cusco rear brace.

Get ready for lift off oversteer 8)

Only thing is it corroded and flaked.

If ever getting one again it would be an ultra racing RARB.

Ive got one of those ultra racing 4 point lower front braces to fit but obviously cant say what differencr it'll make it it goes on.

i have to say a rarb is a must for any starlet, why didnt it come stock from Toyota????

My ep85 came with an OEM RARB but its only 12mm and ive seen thicker bits of string.

Didnt come with an OEM FARB though which was odd, had to source one from a sportier 4paw.

not everyone agrees that a rear ARB is a good modification.The charade gtti came with one and people actually remove it as prefer the handling characteristics

I did write personal preference for these mods in the 1st reply.

They do create a twitchy rear end and lift of oversteer, not a mod for everyone.

Braces are braces imo, others might tell ya different.

A 3 point rear might be better than a 2.

One of those 3 point front braces that bolt to the bulkhead might be better than a 2, if you can find one, cant even remember who made them now.

Carbon cusco braces will probably be better than their older styles.

imo, i find the rarb and rear strut brace very good mods for these cars. the car just becomes much more predictable (even if creating a little bit of oversteer on lift off, which can be controlled by not lifting off approaching mid corner)...i'm a fan of the ultra racing rarb and trd/3 point rear brace

like the others said..for handling its coilovers, tires, bushings, rear strut brace, rarb, adjustable pan rod, front lower bar

a front lower bar is nice, but depending on the brand, how low your car is and where you live may touch speed bumps, undulating road, exhaust system, etc...if you make the front too stiff, it may go back to a bit of understeer, so an uprated front arb would need to be fully thought out before being installed.

Got rotas with good tires and tien Coilovers

What tyres?

Ive got one of those ultra racing 4 point lower front braces to fit but obviously cant say what differencr it'll make it it goes on.

They do create a twitchy rear end and lift of oversteer, not a mod for everyone.

One of those 3 point front braces that bolt to the bulkhead might be better than a 2, if you can find one, cant even remember who made them now.

your 4pt did a lot! Front end feels how I wanted it for years

RARB for me on stiff is only too twitchy at like 60mph+, otherwise it's been planted. No lift off below that speed which may be due to rear camber etc

Carbing brace (3pt)

I look forward to firing the 4 point lower brace on! If it will clear the transfer box? Not sure though. Already getting the exhaust modified for the FARB so i'll get it to clear the 4 point too.

Also for anyone else with a 4paw as for RARB im gonna try an ultra racing AE86 one, it looks fairly similar, and its 22mm or something.