(TUTORIAL) Can't find H3C bulbs? Do your own 900LM versions!

So, tired of not finding the rare H3C bulbs for your Starlets? Want LED but don't want to spend crazy money? Then this is a tutorial for you :)

Tools needed: Soldering iron, solder, thin 0.75mm copper wire (you can find this on old transformers or coils), blown H3C bulbs and LED W16W T15 bulbs:

Here's the ebay link:

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/112114156313?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

First you need dead H3C bulbs, these ones will work best, they come on the glanzas from factory usually:

HbqbD3n.jpg

remove the bulbs and tear them apart like this, unsolder the bottom connections for the halogen bulbs:

2qe9dzv.jpg

then take your LED bulbs and solder copper wire on each pole:

8FTzehG.jpg

Slide the assembly through the old H3C casing holes that you previously unsoldered and cleaned:

F4gKyYa.jpg

9MJi0yj.jpg

Solder the connections:

fdmTRUT.jpg

Let's test them! (I made a custom Glanza fog light harness for an N/A and I didn't install it yet so these are bench tests, will post installed night pics later)

Here's the result:

h2Rif9p.jpg

And here's the light they make (note: it's daytime), pics don't do it justice, I can't look at them directly due to how bright they are XD

buOmmOl.jpg

AjeQOoB.jpg

If you have any questions, drop me a PM, cheers! :)

Edited by EP70-PT

That's an awesome guide bud.

Cheers nick.

Thanks! :) cheaper than hid's ahah

you can just buy h3 bulbs and add a wire that's earthed to the bulb and fog lights housing. seems easier

I wanted leds mate ahah it's cheaper than H3 led bulbs if you get a cheap soldering iron, and this is more fun ahah

An H3C LED kit is like 60€, this is half that or even less of you have the tools already xD I'll take a pic with the fog light only on the driveway when I get home :) should help see better at night since Starlet headlights are shit...

nice man how bright are these ?? get a pic of it at night time

maybe something we gtt boys can do for our weak spots

Here they are at night, my eeeeeyyyyessss!!!! ahahahah (keep in mind they're not mounted yet and on a SUV's bonnet)

jdzOyQx.jpg

9evyxnd.jpg

This is very good mate. Hat off to you. Was also looking for led fogs but this is spot on

Cheers mate! if you have any questions feel free xD

• 2 years later...