Just been browsing through a bunch of Toyota clutch part numbers, and i have found that the clutch for your 4efe/4efte/5efe also fit:

4A-GE

7A-FE

5A-FE

4E-FTE

4E-FE

5E-FE

4A-FE

1NZ-FE

1ZZ-FE

3E-TE

so if you're ever stuck for option or cost (as some people charge more for a clutch from a popular car than they do a rare car, or vice-versa) check the list for compatability.

i know that the 4A-GE and yaris t sport clutch is a definite fit because i had one fitted to my old GT Turbo

Bear in mind the clutch plate and cover might be the same fitment, but there will be differences in the pressure of the cover plate and the thrust bearing. So don't automatically assume they'll just work correctly.

if you buy from TRD its the exact same part. but i dont think their prices vary that much.

Also the part numbers are the same through toyota. If they were different pressures they would use a different part number.

But yes aftermarket clutches you would have to check the specs, but for fitment they are the same

Thanks for this,if im not mistaken the 4efte clutch is 21 spline 210mm also used in the 00-05 celica gts 1.8 2zz

212mm i believe

Edited by ryan lang

if you buy from TRD its the exact same part. but i dont think their prices vary that much.

Also the part numbers are the same through toyota. If they were different pressures they would use a different part number.

But yes aftermarket clutches you would have to check the specs, but for fitment they are the same

212mm i believe

TRD will simply over spec the clutch to suit all applications. Go on toyodiy and compare the standard units and they will differ.

sinds when did a 4efe come with 212mm ?? 4e and 5e are al 200mm 4efte and 3ee are 212mm

yes the friction plate is 200mm on a 4efe/5efe but im pretty certain that the use the same flywheel allowing for the 212mm friction plate.

if not 4efte flywheels arent rare products so a tidy upgrade.

but this post was more aimed at the 4efte users.

Edited by ryan lang

TRD will simply over spec the clutch to suit all applications. Go on toyodiy and compare the standard units and they will differ.

Im not saying they use the same clutch for all of those vehicles. Just that for upgrade options the clutches are the same fitment.