Awful pedal feel after fitting twinpots

I fitted twin pots on my gt a few weeks ago, bled them up twice already, but the pedal still feels like there's air in the system, and there's a lot of travel till the brakes engage fully

Anyone else experienced this?

Na both bleed nipples are at the top of the calipers aha, I have taken it for a proper drive and re bled them, can't drive it too hard atm the clutch is roasted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think I'll give that a go see if it helps, is this a common thing with twinpots? It feels like my girlfriends saxo when one of her rear shoes weren't attached lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fitted twin pots on my gt a few weeks ago, bled them up twice already, but the pedal still feels like there's air in the system, and there's a lot of travel till the brakes engage fully

Anyone else experienced this?

what size BMC is on your car at the moment?

here you go boss..i had the exact same problem...that is the solution for me

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/102435-bigger-brake-master-cylinder/?hl=%2Bbrake+%2Bmaster+%2Bcylinder

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/103172-st202-brake-fade-issues/?hl=%2Bbrake+%2Bmaster+%2Bcylinder#entry1192928

• 4 weeks later...

I have celica ST202 twin pots, the starlet master cylinder was a bit weak so now I have my current master cylinder from a RAV4, slightly bigger than the starlet one and all bolts up the same. I do however have a slightly bigger one than the RAV4 from the same Celica which Im tempted to try. There is a measurement on the top normally, it is imperial though so get that phone out a convert it to mm (If you can't work imperial). I think the Starlet standard is 13/16, the RAV4 one I have is 7/8 which gives a nice pedal and the Celica one is 15/16 being the bigger out the three. Memorize the two bolt pattern on the servo and where the brake lines attach and go to your local scrap yard, try and see the measurement on top or unbolt it, take off the reservoir to see the number. When I went round my scrap yard I found it hard on some to see the number, either used my phone and tried to picture it or just took it off like I said. I believe Corolla's have 7/8 ones too, but dont hold me to that.

I have celica ST202 twin pots, the starlet master cylinder was a bit weak so now I have my current master cylinder from a RAV4, slightly bigger than the starlet one and all bolts up the same. I do however have a slightly bigger one than the RAV4 from the same Celica which Im tempted to try. There is a measurement on the top normally, it is imperial though so get that phone out a convert it to mm (If you can't work imperial). I think the Starlet standard is 13/16, the RAV4 one I have is 7/8 which gives a nice pedal and the Celica one is 15/16 being the bigger out the three. Memorize the two bolt pattern on the servo and where the brake lines attach and go to your local scrap yard, try and see the measurement on top or unbolt it, take off the reservoir to see the number. When I went round my scrap yard I found it hard on some to see the number, either used my phone and tried to picture it or just took it off like I said. I believe Corolla's have 7/8 ones too, but dont hold me to that.

some toyota solara/camry model is suppose to have 1" BMC that should fit up as well

when in installed the celica twin pot set up, i had the same issue with the stock 13/16 ep91 BMC feeling spongy and low...so i upgraded to the ep82 7/8" BMC and everything has been great---has a stock/sporty pedal feel....i did plan at some point to try the bigger 1" bmc from the camry/solora if i ever get the desire to go back at it---i think it will give that race car pedal feel