Squealing belt and clutch

Hey Guys,

I bought a Starlet in December 2016, its the ep91 petrol 1.3 non turbo model. It had previously been standing for a long time however its been my daily driver for the past few months. I cannot fault it it is a near perfect car and I'm in love with it. However recently a squeal has started happening from under the bonnet. Knowing a little about cars I first assumed it was one of my belts slipping, so I did a little research and I came across this forum, and I found posts with similar problems however none of the solutions given have worked for me. I assume that it is my alternator belt that is causing the squeal since the squeal will only happen when I use all of my electronics inside (headlights, radio, heater etc) and when my engine is cold. The squealing also happens occasionally when I slow down and I put it in 1st. This bring me onto my second problem, being my clutch, I know that it definitely needs a new clutch as the car will stall by itself whenever I'm in 1st or reverse gears.I was wondering if my clutch could be causing one of my belts so slip?

For the Alternator belt I have checked the following:

- The belt is tight enough.

- I've been told that the battery is new by previous owner.

- There is no oil/water leaking onto the belt

It is also worth noting that there is a sort of rubber-dust like substance appearing on the shell of my alternator and on the right hand side of my engine, which looks like it is being shredded very lightly from a belt, and I was wondering if maybe a belt could be the wrong size and it is causing the problem with the squeal and whether or not this is affecting the clutch?

Any help would be very much appreciated as I'm not a car expert but I am an enthusiast willing to learn :)

Thankyou!