BC Coilovers Knocking Top Mount- Help

So one of the front top mounts has started knocking on my BC coilovers. At the moment it's not too bad, but I'm conscious of it and I'd rather sort it sooner than later.

So I'm trying to source a replacement pillowball basically,

I THINK they're type RA...

If anyone has a spare from a leaking set, or can put a link up to a replacement, I would be very grateful :) ]

Charlotte

It could be, I had a bar under the wheel when it was last on the ramp and it wasn't knocking at all like I would've expected if it was the pillowball. i'll check the nut!

Thanks Nick!

I had a similar knocking/pinging noise on my ep3 mesiters

Rattle gunned the top nut and greased the bottom of the top mount and the spring seat. Hasn't made the noise again yet

Haha I meant grease the actual bearing not the nut. I have tonnes of thread lock kicking about but ill try just tightening it first and see if it comes loose again (if it is the nut). Ill bare that in mind Starlet_SR thanks, I have a load of them too s may be worth chucking on one :)

yeah i meant grease the underside of the top mount on the face where the spring touches it. not the actual thread

Thanks for the mention Shaun. Yes we do all spares for BCs and the prices are reasonable. I'd definitely try the top nut first though.

Oh that's great to know thanks, I'm going to try it today, daren't pop the bonnet yesterday it was too windy!

Will post on here whether it was the nut or not. fingers crossed...

My MR2 had had problem with topmount nut losening, solved with Nordlock washer.

Some annoying sound still coming sometimes from inverted monotube bearing, whic is inside lower tread pipe top.

Coilovers are Apex N1...

post-14067-0-79628000-1487927686.jpg

post-14067-0-49375900-1487927730.jpg

post-14067-0-09352200-1487927759.jpg