Ended up using the gt2871r it's a bit of a tight fit just have to get the down pipe finished and tuned

hail sir, i have a few questions and i sincerely would like to see you spend your money and get reliable/decent results

is this a stock 4e or 5e engine?

are you planning to forge anytime soon?

how much boost do you plan to run on this stock engine?

how long have you been on the starlet scene in Barbados?---do you have anyone to advise you locally? maybe part of the starlet club or know any older ep82/91 owners (many own evos, stis, etc now lol)?

will you be running race gas or water/meth kit on the stock engine?

my opinion, that turbo is too big for a stock set up, you will most likely be below that turbo's efficiency range ---have you heard of a 300whp white ep91 from way back when?---they used a similar turbo on that forged bottom half at 2 bar.....it will be better suited to a forged set up and higher boost

again, i hope you dont take the above in the wrong way, but as a genuine concern, bajan to bajan

hail sir, i have a few questions and i sincerely would like to see you spend your money and get reliable/decent results

is this a stock 4e or 5e engine?

are you planning to forge anytime soon?

how much boost do you plan to run on this stock engine?

how long have you been on the starlet scene in Barbados?---do you have anyone to advise you locally? maybe part of the starlet club or know any older ep82/91 owners (many own evos, stis, etc now lol)?

will you be running race gas or water/meth kit on the stock engine?

my opinion, that turbo is too big for a stock set up, you will most likely be below that turbo's efficiency range ---have you heard of a 300whp white ep91 from way back when?---they used a similar turbo on that forged bottom half at 2 bar.....it will be better suited to a forged set up and higher boost

again, i hope you dont take the above in the wrong way, but as a genuine concern, bajan to bajan

It's a stock 4e

Yes the engine should be forged soon

Pump gas

Water meth kit coming soon

I was advised by a few people it would be a good set up for drags

And your opinion is appreciated what turbo would you recommend?

like RobSR mentioned...gt2860RS (disco potato) with a smallish back end 0.48, 0.57 (vband), 0.64 a/r (may be a bit laggier that the other two).... the disco potato is tried and proven by many or gtx2860R if you want billet

it would be better on a 5e response wise, but i suppose you can forge and increase the rev limit (possibly cams later on) on the 4e you should be fine for drag racing (assuming all the other supporting stuff)

on the stock 4efte, stock rev limit with a gt2871r with a 0.64 or 0.86a/r running at 6/10 psi daily till you get your other stuff in order, you may find that a starlet with a 4efte ct9 10/12psi and mods may be very competitive against you on the circuit/track -----you may stand a chance in the drags of pulling back in such a car (depending)

just understand it may feel very sluggish in the low/mid range until its "fully" sorted

and quite a few locals have run the gt2860....just ask around

• 2 weeks later...

Hey its pretty Strong up top but I've encountered problem, just got it tuned and was testing and the Intercoolerpiping blew off after we put it back on went testing it again and it wont rev past 4000 roughly when boost cuts in any ideas what it could be?

take a datalog and see what is happening.....

I had an issue like that with the Megasquirt. The overboost protection value was too low and I also re-scaled my tables. Had to remap.

he's using emanage ultimate,,,,so its unlikely its ecu related based on what he described

he could have done a diagnostic and find codes....always the starting point....but it seem map/sensor related, maybe something else blew off as well

What size exhaust housing are you using Karl? It is a larger AR it will be laggy. You can drop down to a smaller housing which will make quite a difference for lag. Also how much timing are you running as it comes on boost? Screen dump your ignition table if you can.

Ah yeah that will be why. .63 especially in the T3 frame will be very laggy. Ideally t25 housing would help but try find a smaller ratio t3 or even mill out an old LD20 T3 .30 housing to suit your rear wheel.

And yes stock ecu will be hurting it. Will pay to check those air fuel ratios too. I'd be surprised if a factory ecu keeps up with that turbo.

Let me have a look at some data once the atom is on. Might be able to help with the timing side as I've got literally stacks of Link tunes for 4es and 5es - plus others.

And yes stock ecu will be hurting it. Will pay to check those air fuel ratios too. I'd be surprised if a factory ecu keeps up with that turbo.

Let me have a look at some data once the atom is on. Might be able to help with the timing side as I've got literally stacks of Link tunes for 4es and 5es - plus others.

It was never really brought into boost so no worries about afr. I will keep that in mind. Thanks very much

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

i was absent for a long time due to the fact that i was with my solar system for my house...

very curious to know when the boost comme in ...i am not a fan for a 4e with these big turbo , 5e in another world.

A GTX2863 is better , GT2530 is old and 2871 a litle bigger for me ...

Edited by ramses

Hi

i was absent for a long time due to the fact that i was with my solar system for my house...

very curious to know when the boost comme in ...i am not a fan for a 4e with these big turbo , 5e in another world.

A GTX2863 is better , GT2530 is old and 2871 a litle bigger for me ...

Gt2871 comes in around say 4000rpm it's not bad at ton of top end power

Gt2871 comes in around say 4000rpm it's not bad at ton of top end power

Not so bad for a 4e, i have seen the same at around 4500rpm or 5k rpm

I have experimented a lot of garrett turbo ,why not going a litle bit of high compression to enhance boost at low rev ??

There is another starlet in my island with 4efe standard compression (not 4efte) with GTX2863 and this starlet

kiks all of the big scooby with bigger turbo and it beats another 4EFTE with TD05 in a corola all the way ...

I am not a fan for only the big top end ,i prefer responsiveness and drivebility ...when your car respond quickly you can beat some bigger cars easily

Edited by ramses

Not so bad for a 4e, i have seen the same at around 4500rpm or 5k rpm

I have experimented a lot of garrett turbo ,why not going a litle bit of high compression to enhance boost at low rev ??

There is another starlet in my island with 4efe standard compression (not 4efte) with GTX2863 and this starlet

kiks all of the big scooby with bigger turbo and it beats another 4EFTE with TD05 in a corola all the way ...

I am not a fan for only the big top end ,i prefer responsiveness and drivebility ...when your car respond quickly you can beat some bigger cars easily

I'm going to up the boost a bit only at 11psi investing in a meth kit and a stage 3 clutch it should feel heaps better after that

• 2 weeks later...