Okay so Matt at motorsport electronics has had my glanza for a while to do all the testing and development to create the ME221 plug in ECU for the starlets.

First of all I would like to say how great the customer care is from both Matt and Alex, any questions I had while the car was with them they got back to me as soon as they could, anything they was doing they updated me, while the car was an the dyno Matt called me to let me know how the car was responding ect so a big thank you to both of them, they are really busy guys and it's nice to see them taking the time to help every customer as I have seen them do on there Facebook group ME users.

On to the car, I was very impressed with how well the car started first time at 5am when it was pretty cold out, just like a factory car, no need to touch the throttle.

Letting it idle, again just like factory, when the car was warming up the revs would go down accordingly and smoothly. Bipedal the throttle to make sure they would stay the same once warm and they did as well as the throttle response being quick and crisp.

Driving the car is a big difference from the piggy back I had on before, low down the car feels so much more responsive, no smell of fuel like it was before (due to bad tuning on the piggy back with the FPR turned up way). When coming to a stop and you press the clutch the revs hold well and don't feel as if the car will stall and you can drive the car normal as if you would any car.

In summery the car drives like it SHOULD do from factory with the added bonus of being able you tune according to your modifications and add features such as antilag, launch controle ect as well as log and diagnose with a laptop.

I strongly recommend anyone with a piggy back looks in to the ME221, it will give you sure much more controle over your tune and you will pick up a bit of power everywhere.

Thanks again Matt and Alex top work.

Piggybacks can get you pretty good results as a lot of people know but being able to have full controle over your tune is not only a lot safer but enables power all over the map. I was not expecting the car to respond much different with a standalone but no I know I would never go piggyback again!

Id love to go stand alone but my emb works perfect. Couldn't justify spending out again.

Cheers nick.

Aside from a WEPR kit, my GT will be running standard ish power. But with the ecu I can remove the silly fuel cut and if need be I've got the potential for more power.

Edited by Starlet__SR
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello Morgan,

Great write up.
I have few questions related to your setup

1. did you need to buy the boost control unit ?

2. Do you still use the distri ?

3. Which map sensor are you using ?

4. have you activated launch control and antilag ? if yes, what is your feedback ?

Thanks

• 9 months later...