I Boosted my car in 3rd gear. It did hit the redline and maxed it out ☹️☹️ It went bang shot a puff of white smoke out the exhaust now misfires and loss of power hard to start.. took all four plugs out and turned it over.. plug 4 spark was lower than the rest on spark Changed plugs leads dizzy cap and rotary arm and still same problem can anyone help. Or has an idea what to check.. been told if the others are still sparking it can't be the coil pack as the power is distributed by the dizzy cap.. any help would be grateful

Ok thanks will try and go from there... the only thing that baffles me tho if that was the case.. why would the spark on plug four be low.. I pulled all plugs out an d turned car over 123 are fine but 4 is low which must be why the misfiring is happening if it was the piston or ring. Surely the spark would not be low with the plugs pulled out of the engine. If I make sense. Thanks for your help bud I appreciate it

For the spark plug concerns there is a few test you can do.

1. check the resistance value of spark plug 4 and see if the value is the same for plug 123, if not then you've got a faulty plug

2. check your rotor arm and dizzy cap see if the is any crack or the rotor is not touching the pin for cylinder 4 properly

3. check the condition of your spark plug wire if there is a split somewhere it will definitely decrease the spark.

Hope that helps.

Hi.. thanks for the help. I changed the whole ignition kit. Still same problem. New plugs ht leads dizzy cap rotary arm. As the dizzy cap was corroded. so I changed everything just to be on the safe side.. It's driving me crazy.. thanks for your help. So you think I need to check the valves then. Would that cause a low spark

Ah ok I see.. I never got a chance to do it today. Work etc. Will get some reading off it tomorrow and get back to you thanks for the help bud appreciate it

Ah ok I see.. I never got a chance to do it today. Work etc. Will get some reading off it tomorrow and get back to you thanks for the help bud appreciate it

I know it could be a heart breaking moment mate but that's the best thing to start with as not worth spending money on other things if there's a chance rings or something along them lines have gone, hopefully your numbers will be near enough the same over all 4 mate

Its a killer I just had it forged. And spent a bomb.. hopefully it's not so serious but guess I won't know without the compression test. Will get that done and go from there.. I've had nothing but headache would just be nice to get to enjoy it for a bit

• 1 month later...