My Little Light Blue Solida (SOLD)

45 minutes ago, alexjt18 said:

Love this build aha, how much is your insurance for it? can't get any quotes less than 1700, and do you ave any pictures of the speedo wiring either before of after the cluster change because I've messed all mine about and now idk which wire goes where

For my first year it was £1700 but now with 1 years no claims, all mods declared its £1400 with admiral. Also sorry but I can’t help you with the wiring luckily the Sr clocks were just plug and play into my solida so I didn’t have to change any wiring

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, HarrisonS said:

For my first year it was £1700 but now with 1 years no claims, all mods declared its £1400 with admiral. Also sorry but I can’t help you with the wiring luckily the Sr clocks were just plug and play into my solida so I didn’t have to change any wiring

Ah okay, you got black box too? and alright then fair enough 

• 3 weeks later...

So after finally getting round to making a floor for the back it came out pretty well. Some gaps are larger then I wanted but I’m more than happy with it it’s much nicer. Also got some black harnesses instead of the blue ones. 

It wasnt too difficult either it was just cut around some cardboard, cut that shape then out of wood and stick carpet to it. I also cut out some holes for my 6x9s because the little 4 inch speakers in the front just weren’t enough. 

94B6F121-D5A6-4644-BED2-D4DA5E669DC4.thu01A9DB13-6646-4A86-85E6-81514D55833C.thu

Oh and I also got some glanza Rear Plastics to make the back look nicer. All I need now is the glanza door cards and then I’m happy with the interior

EFC3EF3E-CE32-4E78-97F3-2FA8B4F51EFA.thu

And I’ll leave you with a couple of pictures of my car after I’d given it a quick wash. 

AD9BEA41-58C2-4DA0-A4AF-2FD35AD52702.thuF2479F39-0C9C-46F0-93A6-B9B510F62888.thu

Edited by HarrisonS
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey mate - fantastic so far. Love all the little touches.

I have a ton of questions for you if you don't mind:

What is the exact part number for the headlights and tail lights and number plate lights? And for the interior dome lights? Have you changed the dash board lights at all - any idea what those part numbers are? I want to replace all of mine with LEDs too.

Where did you get the gear boot from? And where can I find that beautiful splitter?

I'm posting from Auckland, New Zealand. Just picked one of these up with only 75,000 miles on it for a cool 740 pounds. 4 Speed manual. Trying to beautify it a fair bit and I'm digging yours.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/03/2018, 00:28:39, makemedie said:

What is the exact part number for the headlights and tail lights and number plate lights? And for the interior dome lights? Have you changed the dash board lights at all - any idea what those part numbers are? I want to replace all of mine with LEDs too.

Where did you get the gear boot from? And where can I find that beautiful splitter?

I'm posting from Auckland, New Zealand. Just picked one of these up with only 75,000 miles on it for a cool 740 pounds. 4 Speed manual. Trying to beautify it a fair bit and I'm digging yours.

Sorry for taking so long to reply I've only just checked my thread. Thank you very much man I appreciate it.

Regarding bulbs there is a pretty good bulb guide on the forum here: http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/26921-light-bulb-guide/ 

And when it came to buying bulbs I just got them from eBay. I haven't got round to changing my dashboard lights yet so I can't help you there unfortunately but I'm sure someone else on the forum could. The gear boot was from eBay and the splitter is off of a Seat Leon Cupra and can also be bought off of eBay.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2018, 1:28:39, makemedie said:

For my Glanza V's dash, I used these:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10pcs-T10-Led-W5W-Wedge-12V-Auto-Bulb-White-Blue-Red-Green-Pink-Yellow-Led-Dashboard/32371794487.html

and

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1PCS-Newest-T10-W5W-LED-car-interior-light-cob-marker-lamp-12V-194-501-SMD-bulb/32794900184.html

I think I used two of these, but I bought 5 just in case.

Not really been on here much but a couple of cheaper things have been happening recently. Picked up a spoiler for £15, I meshed my front grill and I did a backbox delete with a bit of 2.5” pipe for some noise before it all gets sorted properly. 

8AB5253E-8C9C-4631-9365-121CA3280CF7.thu05828394-9CEB-4719-83CA-ED8B7C55E4D1.thu

So plans for this car are pretty much final after a lot of thinking. Hopefully later this year when my wage increases I’ll be collecting parts for a 4efe+t so I’ll be turboing the engine that’s currently in the car instead of doing the 4efte swap. I’ve a few more handling mods that I want to do before this but once they are out of the way it’s turbo time. If anyone has any extra information on the 4efe+t that I could ask some questions that would be much appreciated. Anyway that’s all for now.

• 3 weeks later...

So a quick update. My little starlet has become quite unhappy. After 137,000 miles, oil consumption has now become an issue. I think to resolve this I'm gonna try and find a good condition 4efe to replace it temporarily and while my current engine is out i'll give it a bit of an overhaul (new piston rings, valve seals, headgasket etc) so that it can go back in happy and healthy and ready for hopefully a turbo.

Before the engine gets rebuilt there is a couple of things I would like to do first. I'm finally gonna get rid of the awful alloys on the car and replace them with something a little nicer but also something a bit different. I'm also gonna modify some polo 6n/6n2 coilovers to fit since 3 of my shocks are leaking and for the shocks I want its cheaper to get some polo coilovers (if I decide I dislike the polo coilovers they wont be staying and shocks will just be getting replaced instead). I also want to refresh the drums at the back and I will also be getting a rear anti-roll bar to solve that god awful understeer.

I'm not too sure when all this will be happening as my insurance is due this month so I'm going to be skint for a little while but I'll keep this updated.

Edited by HarrisonS
On 01/05/2018, 17:25:32, Kieran Barber said:

I knew I recognised the car mate, I keep seeing it round kiveton park and harthill, looks very clean every time I pass it :thumbsup:

Ohhh shiiit yeah I keep seeing you as well. Weren’t sure if you’d be on here or not. Your car looks well mate. Every time one of my mates see you I get a text saying ‘I’ve just seen the black starlet!!’ I thought you were a myth until I finally saw you haha

6 minutes ago, Kieran Barber said:

yeah lol, I joined just over a week ago and i was wondering if you were around on here as well, nice to know someone local is here :)

Do you know if there’s any others around the area? I thought I saw a dark green one on speedlines at somepoint but I don’t know if I was just dreaming or not haha 

The white na earlier on in my thread I’ve seen a couple of times at car meets, I think I saw a dark green one, there’s a red glanza I assume rep in Sheffield somewhere, I’ve seen a white glanza going across todwick a57 roundabout and I think somewhere on my estate in South Anston there is a black gt but I’ve not seen it with my own eyes yet. I think that’s all I know of or have seen

• 2 weeks later...

So I did a little thinking around the oil usage issue and I think it’s not as bad as I thought. After realising that for the oil that I’m losing there should be at least some smoke but there’s none. So I decided to investigate further and it seems like the rear main seal? has started leaking and that’s where my oil is going. There’s never any oil on the floor where I park but being the rear main seal? I can only assume it would only be leaking when the engine is running. It would also explain my juddery starts with oil getting on the clutch as well (I just assumed release bearing). This is good news though because lightweight flywheel and glanza clutch are on the to do list anyway so I can replace it at the same time. 

Modifications wise not too much has been done. I fitted some yellow corolla injectors with all new seals as the old ones had pretty much fallen apart. 

DD9AE9B2-4C22-4C5E-8DCE-F25B40985BE7.thu

I also put the stock airbox back on since my cars been feeling slower ever since the eBay induction kits went on. 

42283F63-CC9C-4F8D-AD12-F93E2D5DD153.thu

Finally I also put a tow hook/loop thing on the front in case I ever need towing to avoid having to take the splitter off to get to the originals CA3800F6-AF19-4E4D-BC52-53FE13C093C7.thu

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2018, 2:23:54, Timmah said:

Thank you for linking these - do you know of a guide on removing the dashboard anywhere?

On 3/22/2018, 10:29:37, HarrisonS said:

Sorry for taking so long to reply I've only just checked my thread. Thank you very much man I appreciate it.

Regarding bulbs there is a pretty good bulb guide on the forum here: http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/26921-light-bulb-guide/ 

And when it came to buying bulbs I just got them from eBay. I haven't got round to changing my dashboard lights yet so I can't help you there unfortunately but I'm sure someone else on the forum could. The gear boot was from eBay and the splitter is off of a Seat Leon Cupra and can also be bought off of eBay.

Fantastic. Will read guide and buy off eBay cheers :)

So I may have made a cheeky little purchase the other day. Bought some new wheels to replace the filth that I currently have. Will put pictures up once they’ve been painted and have a fresh set of rubber. 52699CD1-F66A-48D8-BB91-6B60A6CBABD8.thu

Also gave my car a quick service today. Only oil, oil filter and air filter but every little helps trying to keep this 140,000 mile engine running as long as possible. 

• 1 month later...

So the new wheels got painted and fitted and I finally levelled my car out so it’s no longer nose diving. Also got rid of any tint on my lights. I don’t know whether it’s the tyres I got put on the wheels or that fact that it’s no longer nose diving but the car feels so much better to drive and goes round corners so much nicer now. Enough chat anyway here’s a couple of pics I took getting ready for Japfest Donnington 

BB8DD16B-6AE7-4930-8738-B711D5877790.thu6CE84CD6-4E8D-465E-85F5-CFAC541DE33E.thu

So after 2 months of having the standard air box back on and the breather pipe back on oil usage has dropped a ton. My oil levels have been so much more stable so that’s a big win. The cars also about to hit 140,000 miles now still going strong.

Although after 20,000 miles in my care I think the starlet will be going up for sale next month. The plan was to glanza swap it or turbo the 4efe however I don’t have the space or the time to do it and I’ve got a need for speed that the starlet just doesn’t fulfill anymore. I’ve no doubt I’ll be back in a few years converting an na or owning a glanza or gt turbo but for now I think I’ll be leaving the starlet scene. The car will be going up for sale as a whole. If anyone is interested feel free to send me a message and I can go in depth into the car even further than this thread has and if you have any questions I’ll be happy to answer them. Not sure how much it’s worth really but I think I’d be happy to see £700 but we’ll see what gets offered. Anyways that’s all for now 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/07/2018, 07:31:55, Calum122 said:

What will you be moving on to?

I’ve now bought a Saxo VTR so this will be up for sale in a week or so. I wanted something a bit faster that would be more suited to doing some track days next year. There’s also a lot more aftermarket parts and parts are also a lot cheaper for the saxo so it seemed like the better idea